A food you dislike that everyone else seems to love?

When I see people not liking cabbage it makes me feel they have never tried different ways of cooking it or different types different seasonings and garnishes
But it's easy to say if you like a food!

Everyone hates me for this but I really don't like bacon.

I bet everyone's gasping and saying "How could this be?" right now, right? Well yes, I'm not a fan of bacon. I don't eat it, period. I think it's all because when I was a kid my mom bought bacon all the time and we'd have them for breakfast but one, I didn't like breakfast before so anything pushed to me for breakfast was a no no (like the cereal Trix, I hate that too) and two, I think the bacon she bought wasn't of my liking. I think it was smoked or honey glazed or something and I didn't like the taste so I never ate bacon from then on. My family would have a hard time ordering food because of my hate for bacon. They couldn't order pizza with bacon or pasta with bacon and I feel sorry for that but I still won't eat them. It's weird because it's loved by so much and me saying I don't eat it is like a sin for them, haha!

Corn on the cob. Once, my dislike for it was a bit embarrassing. Trinidad, 1986 - I was at a Test Match in Port of Spain and my friend had gone off in search of some food. There was plenty of fish and chicken around, but my friend knew that I was a veggie and hunted high and low for something that would be okay for me to eat. He came back, looking very pleased, with some corn on the cob. I honestly cannot abide the stuff, but I really didn't want to look like a total ingrate and dutifully chewed my way through it. It was only a good while later that I confessed to my dislike of corn on the cob to him. Thankfully, he found it funny, but I suspect he wouldn't have if I'd told him at the time.

Everyone hates me for this but I really don't like bacon.

I bet everyone's gasping and saying "How could this be?" right now, right? Well yes, I'm not a fan of bacon. I don't eat it, period. I think it's all because when I was a kid my mom bought bacon all the time and we'd have them for breakfast but one, I didn't like breakfast before so anything pushed to me for breakfast was a no no (like the cereal Trix, I hate that too) and two, I think the bacon she bought wasn't of my liking. I think it was smoked or honey glazed or something and I didn't like the taste so I never ate bacon from then on. My family would have a hard time ordering food because of my hate for bacon. They couldn't order pizza with bacon or pasta with bacon and I feel sorry for that but I still won't eat them. It's weird because it's loved by so much and me saying I don't eat it is like a sin for them, haha!
Would that include boiling bacon?

Fudge and Cadburys Creme Eggs. I don't have a sweet tooth at all and don't even really like chocolate unless its dark and bitter but these two items have made me feel physically sick on the limited occasions when I have tried them. Don't know if you get Creme Eggs in US. Here's an image of some, used on top of a cake:

creme eggs.jpg

Yuk!:chocegg::sick:

Fudge and Cadburys Creme Eggs. I don't have a sweet tooth at all and don't even really like chocolate unless its dark and bitter but these two items have made me feel physically sick on the limited occasions when I have tried them. Don't know if you get Creme Eggs in US. Here's an image of some, used on top of a cake:

View attachment 1039

They are very very sickly.

View attachment 1039
Ever tried the Rowntree's Mint Egg's?
Think After Eights, egg size, with an inner the colour close to that of the mint Aero.

Pizza for me. It is like and American staple now and I don't get it. Pizza is served at every birthday party, office party, and any event in which people make it clear that they do not care enough to serve good food. I used to just get sick of pizza, now I am to the point I don't like it at all and refuse to eat it.

The 2nd one on my list is mushrooms. Very nasty in my opinion, but most people like them. I do not like the consistency or the flavor.

Pizza for me. It is like and American staple now and I don't get it. Pizza is served at every birthday party, office party, and any event in which people make it clear that they do not care enough to serve good food. I used to just get sick of pizza, now I am to the point I don't like it at all and refuse to eat it.

The 2nd one on my list is mushrooms. Very nasty in my opinion, but most people like them. I do not like the consistency or the flavor.
I can see where you're coming from re pizza. Its not quite as much a staple here, but not far from it. The problem is, there are so many bad pizzas out there. I make my own and often top with whole roasted garlic cloves, Scotch Bonnet chillis, anchovies and capers (as well as mozzarella). Freshly made dough cooked super-fast on a pizza stone (or even better in a wood fired oven!) is very different from the average chain pizza. Using a sourdough also makes a real difference.

What's not to like about tofu (apart from the fact it doesn't taste of much at all on its own? Marinated in soy sauce and chilli, its really nice. But perhaps its the texture you don't like?

Yeah, I think that it is the texture that grosses me out. Makes me fell like I got a big blob of fat in my mouth!! :headshake: :stop:

Back
Top Bottom