A Peppery Mess

@morning glory - I'm on another forum that's not a cooking forum, but has a single "What're You Cooking Today" topic.

Out of respect for one of members, when I post a runny egg photo, I have to do a spoilers thing where I warn her first that a runny egg is coming because she gags and retches when she sees one.

What gets me, though, is she's old-fashioned British, older than me, and like you say, fried eggs in Britain are usually done basted on top, so I'd expect her to at the very least be used to them.

What gets me, though, is she's old-fashioned British, older than me, and like you say, fried eggs in Britain are usually done basted on top, so I'd expect her to at the very least be used to them.

There is no accounting for folks' aversions where food is concerned I find. I think most Brits would expect a runny yolk if they ordered a full English breakfast (or had it in a hotel).

image.jpeg
I've never flipped a egg while cooking, unless I'm cooking it right through for a burger. It's normally poached so there's a layer all around the yolk. Or fried in a little bit of oil. As in this pic.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom