Addicted to Pinterest?

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
4:44 PM
Is there anyone else here that is addicted to Pinterest? I have found so many recipes on Pinterest and I have several different boards surround foods on my page. I love finding those new Pins for recipes and pinning them. I find that I can spend all day long looking for interesting recipes to try there.

Anyone else addicted to Pinterest?

I like to browse Pinterest pics because some members have a really tasty collection of recipes, but I dislike the use and abuse of Ajax technology to show off those pictures and recipes, so I mostly browse pictures, but not the recipes.

Truly irritates me scrolling down and, at some point, having Ajax sending me back to the top of the page.

I like Pinterest, but I've let it get so out of hand that I always hesitate to go there now. :whistling: I'm not sure I know exactly how to find what I'm looking for either, so that is a factor as well.

Do you just watch for recipes on your front sign-in page, or search for something specific?

I like to browse Pinterest pics because some members have a really tasty collection of recipes, but I dislike the use and abuse of Ajax technology to show off those pictures and recipes, so I mostly browse pictures, but not the recipes.

Truly irritates me scrolling down and, at some point, having Ajax sending me back to the top of the page.

Yes I think this started happening when they updated the software. It is a pain to be looking at something then have the page go up!

I like Pinterest, but I've let it get so out of hand that I always hesitate to go there now. :whistling: I'm not sure I know exactly how to find what I'm looking for either, so that is a factor as well.

Do you just watch for recipes on your front sign-in page, or search for something specific?

I have several people that I follow who have similar tastes that I do. I keep an eye on their pages to see any updates and I also follow any leads on the front page as well as keyword searches such as recipes, crockpot, etc.

I haven't had the problem with the page scrolling but I am truly addicted to Pinterest. I must spend at least 30 minutes on there every day. I just love it, it's fantastic. I can organise all my favourite things on my pin board and I have quite a few boards for food. I have:
1. Nutrition
2. Breakfast 7am
3. Lunch 1pm
4. Dinner 7pm
5. Healthy Snacks
6. Treats

I just love food and I love Pinterest! :) It's a great place to share recipes and tips and find new ideas.

I haven't really figured out how to use it yet. I'm torn between actually making the effort and leaving well enough alone, Tumblr already sucks up a large part of my time.

Reddit is another thing like that... dare I?

haha, I do love Pinterest and it's great for organising recipes and food. Here is mine if you fancy taking a look:
http://www.pinterest.com/hnnhbby/

Just a warning, I have a lot of boards. It's pretty easier to get to grips with too but it's up to you. If you already have tumblr then maybe you don't need to bother as they are quite similar.

I haven't had the problem with the page scrolling but I am truly addicted to Pinterest. I must spend at least 30 minutes on there every day. I just love it, it's fantastic. I can organise all my favourite things on my pin board and I have quite a few boards for food. I have:
1. Nutrition
2. Breakfast 7am
3. Lunch 1pm
4. Dinner 7pm
5. Healthy Snacks
6. Treats

I just love food and I love Pinterest! :) It's a great place to share recipes and tips and find new ideas.

I took a look at your boards! I am following several. My Pinterest ID is http://www.pinterest.com/mlovejoy1972 I must warn you that my food boards have nothing to do with nutrition.

I haven't really figured out how to use it yet. I'm torn between actually making the effort and leaving well enough alone, Tumblr already sucks up a large part of my time.

Reddit is another thing like that... dare I?

Once you get on Pinterest you will be so addicted. Its quite simple.

Once you get on Pinterest you will be so addicted. Its quite simple.

Haha, it really is so addictive! My boyfriend always laughs at me but I can't stop checking it. He has facebook and twitter and I have Pinterest.

Shellyann, you have so many yummy looking food boards :) mmmm. I get so hungry whilst on Pinterest, does anyone else find that too?

Haha, it really is so addictive! My boyfriend always laughs at me but I can't stop checking it. He has facebook and twitter and I have Pinterest.

Shellyann, you have so many yummy looking food boards :) mmmm. I get so hungry whilst on Pinterest, does anyone else find that too?

Yes I get hungry on Pinterest too! Thank you for the compliment. I love to go Pinning!

Same, I find so much good stuff on there. Not just the food :P There is lots of good stuff on wellbeing and lots of outfit ideas. It's the perfect recipe keeper too. Don't you agree?

Same, I find so much good stuff on there. Not just the food :P There is lots of good stuff on wellbeing and lots of outfit ideas. It's the perfect recipe keeper too. Don't you agree?

Oh yes there are lots more things on Pinterest. I have quite the collection on there! I do favor the recipes as well as the organizing and cleaning tips though.

I love Pinterest when it comes to looking up various foods. My only issue is that I never remember to look up the recipes while I'm at it, or sometimes the posters don't even include the recipe or even a link to one. But yeah, whenever I want to find something new to try I'll just use the search bar and get lost in Pinterest pins for awhile. Lately I've been looking up various forms of soup.

Oh yes there are lots more things on Pinterest. I have quite the collection on there! I do favor the recipes as well as the organizing and cleaning tips though.

I love all the organising tips, But I definitely need to organise my own Pinterest board now haha. I have way too many baords and I have liked too many things. Next year I really want to cut down on all of these.

Yeah, I use to pin just anything nice I would see but now I have started checking links and making sure they have a recipe and things like that. It's taking me time to do it but I want to it to be more organised so I can actually use it.

Back
Top Bottom