Aiming To Be The Best

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
7:29 AM
It is good to support local food producers, grocers, butchers and fishmongers. We are lucky in Hampshire to have good butchers in particular.

Its the same here. I have one good butcher a mile or so out of town. Nothing at all in Maidstone. As for fishmongers...

We go to this butcher on a regular basis as his beef is second to non and they are now getting the recognition they deserve.

A few years ago we bought a forerib of beef for our Christmas dinner, it was sublime, the best beef I have ever tasted. Their sausages and burgers are also really good, excellent quality and full of flavour.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/masterchef-finalist-backs-new-rare-532610
Brilliant - I love Longhorn beef. It's great to support small local producers like this. It might cost a bit more, but it's worth it for the quality - just have it a bit less often then it's even more of a treat! It's also good to keep the money circulating in the local economy.

Its the same here. I have one good butcher a mile or so out of town. Nothing at all in Maidstone. As for fishmongers...
That surprises me. I guess there are benefits to living in the rural backwoods - we are blessed with many good butchers, farms shops, even a couple of good fishmongers, considering we are about as far from the sea as you can get.

Brilliant - I love Longhorn beef. It's great to support small local producers like this. It might cost a bit more, but it's worth it for the quality - just have it a bit less often then it's even more of a treat! It's also good to keep the money circulating in the local economy.

Actually there prices are not far off Sainsburys so not too expensive, they are definitely a treat :happy:

Back
Top Bottom