Air Fryer French Fries
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
1 pound russet potatoes, peeled
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions
Cut each potato lengthwise into 3/8-inch-thick slices, then slice sections into 3/8-inch-wide sticks. Place potatoes in a bowl of cold water. Let soak to release excess starches, about 5 minutes; drain.

Pour boiling water over the potatoes until they're covered by a few inches. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain potatoes and transfer onto some paper towels. Blot off excess water and let cool completely, at least 10 minutes.

Place cooled potatoes in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with cayenne; toss to coat.

Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Stack potatoes in a double layer in the fryer basket. Cook for 15 minutes. Slide basket out and toss fries. Continue frying until golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss fries with salt in a mixing bowl. Serve immediately.

Recipe by way of Chef John (FoodWishes.com)

I will pass this recipe on to my daughter who recently bought an air fryer. The prep is a tad laborious though. I think most people buy air fryers because they think they can simply put things straight in.

I will also try the recipe using my halogen cooker (same as Yorky uses) out of interest (but not until I'm more mobile and in less pain than now).

Back
Top Bottom