Alcoholic Icecream?

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
11:41 PM
Website
www.jades-world.com
So I found this AWESOME fruit cake recipe online....and I got to thinking...
http://cauldronsandcupcakes.com/2012/04/02/easy-moist-boiled-fruit-cake-recipe/

If I can't make the cake more alcoholic, maybe I can make some sort of caramel icecream that's alcoholic? Has anyone ever heard of this? Anyone willing to try it? ha ha :D

I figured I would plan ahead so if I couldn't make the cake more alcoholic (that discussion HERE please!!) I could make alcoholic icecream. Someone make my dreams come true! :D

There is an ice cream that sells in our country called Rum and Raisin. It is a very delicious-tasting ice cream. I buy it very rarely, however, since I do not really indulge in anything alcoholic. Another thing I like about this ice cream is that it contains raisins and I tend to like any dessert which contains raisins. This is the only ice cream that I know of or have tasted that contains alcohol.

That is such a wonderful idea! Imagine having fruit cake with brandy or baileys ice cream? I wish I had an ice cream maker, I tried making ice cream without one a few times and it didn't turn out very good, it wasn't very creamy unfortunately.

Wow that's AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much, that makes me really happy!!

I wonder now if I could use any alcohol, or if perhaps I could use a fizzy one like Spumante....but would it still be a bit fizzy? I once had red bull flavoured icecream and it was still fizzy, it was absolutely mind boggling. I guess this is a topic I need to look into, and there's a certain machine I need to look into buying ha ha.

Oh my goodness that Bailey's icecream sounds divine!! I sadly had to give up my ice cream maker at the end of a bad break up and haven't thought about replacing it in a year or so. Has anyone tried out any of these recipes yet to give feedback on ease and quality?

Back
Top Bottom