The Alphabet Game: Dishes using Za'atar

Well done - I was struggling with Q. I love quail's eggs. What would they be served with in Thailand?

Rice more than likely. I bought a few of the above (six I think) and ate them with roti. Pleasant but not awe inspiring. Over cooked in my opinion.

They are good semi-hard boiled or poached.

I must buy some (or ask my wife to buy some) and cook them myself. Poached, I think.

Those pictured were cooked on an electric plate thingy in the afternoon/evening market.

I must buy some (or ask my wife to buy some) and cook them myself. Poached, I think.

Those pictured were cooked on an electric plate thingy in the afternoon/evening market.

Nice pickled too. I found this in my Photos store: Pickled Quail's Egg Curry with Garden Rice.

I feel sure I must have posted the recipe but I can't find it:

fullsizeoutput_2cc2.jpeg

Is it 'R' next? Rice would be obvious. How about:

Roti sai mai which seems to be translated as candy floss wrapped in pancakes. Although this looks nothing like candy floss inside the pancakes to me:

70342981-thai-cotton-candy-burrito-pancake-name-thai-roti-saimai-cotton-candy.jpg

Is it 'R' next? Rice would be obvious. How about:
Roti sai mai which seems to be translated as candy floss wrapped in pancakes. Although this looks nothing like candy floss inside the pancakes to me:

The roti is sweet and the filling is what we may call "candy string".

Back
Top Bottom