Am I old fashioned?

A month ago I went to Plano, TX. (outside of Dallas) with my baby sister to baby sit her 2 grand babies. Little Man (Michael) is 29 months old. Baby Girl (Alexandra) will be one next month. It was an exhausting joy to spend time with those precious babies. I do understand what you are talking about. We had to go shopping. I will grant you that my niece Toni and her husband Michael are very successful, busy professionals and awesome parents. Their pantry was bare of anything we would consider cooking for the babies or ourselves. I do not envy their life style. My lovely niece commutes an hour each way every day. Her sweet husband works from home but frequently has to run around the Dallas/Fort Worth area calling on clients.

I am in no position to criticize because I can not imagine the effort it takes to work their schedules and rear 2 smart, lovable, social babies. They take their babies everywhere. They rarely hire a babysitter. Michael was 4 days old when he went to his first estate sale. Alex was a week old when she attended her first festival.

So Okay. They do not cook fresh. Time and ease are an issue. They cook quick and easy so they can spend time reading to their babies. We were with the children for 4 days. When they would get tired or cranky an offer to read a book was an instant cure. Michael would grab his current favorite book and jump in my lap. As young as she is Alex understands "book". She would stop fussing and reach for whatever book I had in my hand.

Let them eat cake. They are healthy, happy, smart, social babies. Cuisine is not important.

Totally agree, my son and d.i.l domanamazing job with three young ones. They both work full time and this 9 day break is the first they have had since getting married 11 years ago. It is hard work though, tbh. Miss 10 plays me like a set of cards,lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom