Anchovies, Love or Hate them?

Both mayo and corn on pizza sounds wrong. It is odd, how Japan which has the most refined and delicate of cuisines embraces such 'crass' versions of what is essentially an Italian dish.

Just in case you were curious, here's the English version of the Dominos Japan site - you can check out some of the more unusual pizza combinations on there!

http://www.dominos.jp/eng/pizza/search/

I love, love, LOVE anchovies especially the really salty kind you get for pizza etc - amazingly intense flavour. I'm a bit of a pickle and preserve kind of man and anything in vinegar, salt or, to a lesser extent, brine is usually a hit with me. I'm also a huge seafood fan so these anchovies are near the top of my favourite ingredients.

Last edited:
I love, love, LOVE anchovies especially the really salty kind you get for pizza etc - amazingly intense flavour. I'm a bit of a pickle and preserve kind of man and anything in vinegar, salt or brine is usually a hit with me. I'm also a huge seafood fan so these anchovies are near the top of my favourite ingredients.
Seafood is my favourite thing too. I'll eat oysters day and night (and for breakfast). I love anchovies too. They are so versatile - you can use them in in meat dishes or pasta and often people won't realise they are their. They have that umami taste. :D

Never ever tried them!
They are wonderful. But I guess you will never know! :ohmy: I was vegetarian for a long time but in the end I gave in to tastes... there isn't anything in the veg world equivalent to fish and seafood. Although there is 'oyster leaf' which I've never tasted (seeds ordered!). I would give up meat and fowl easily - but fish and particularly shellfish, I love. Its just...well.. sexy!

I'm planning a wonderful oyster breakfast for this Thursday. I'm on a mini break, off to the coast near Broadstairs on Wednesday and will hopefully pick up lobster and oysters from Whitstable on the way. Oh joy! I'll try to take some pictures.:D

Back
Top Bottom