Anyone have a early AM coffee ritual?

Thanks for that
There is a LIDL within walking distance from me, so I'll try their up-market coffee
There is an ALDI just on the fringe of the town centre. Next time I'm there I'll call for their coffee as well

I used to buy the Lidl one - I think they do 100% Arabica too (that's the thing to look for) but I reckon Aldi is a bit better tasting. It may depend on what you are used to of course!

Often even before my morning ablutions, one mug around 05:30 - 06:00. No more for the rest of the day.

Surprising really, because when I was working for a living it would be around 12 cups or more a day.

When my coffee maker died rapidly (as did the one before it) I broke down and started using the French press. I like using it but it is too small for company, so I've gotten myself one just like the one I'd bought prior to the two bad ones (and which had lasted a good ten years).

Coffee routine - get out of bed, make coffee (or re-heat in the microwave day-old coffee -- I'm not proud). I generally have a two cup habit. Yes, I grind my beans.

Unless I'm sick, or have not gotten home until real late, I am usually up by 7 am. Occasionally earlier. I sip on coffee, visit the computer, then feed/water the chickens and cats. Then I have my own breakfast, with the second cup.

I usually buy my coffee at Trader Joe's, one of the medium dark or dark roasts, the Free Trade ones since those are more apt to help the growers.

About 3 years ago I finally broke the habit of putting milk in my coffee. It was a waste of a carton as that would generally be the ONLY thing I'd use milk for (other than the occasional winter oatmeal, or an occasional recipe that called for it).

I do drink tea. I was part of a monthly gardening group (which has disbanded since just about everyone moved out of Connecticut except two of us), and we'd meet Saturdays over various teas and discuss gardening, especially herb gardens. My favorite teas are green teas, and Earl Greys. I am especially fond of something called Victorian Earl Grey, which is produced by the Connecticut-based Simpson and Vail company.

For later in the day, I like those rooibos teas (tisanes), since they have no caffeine, and there are some interesting flavors. .

As far as coffee out, Starbucks is overpriced (but I do like their green iced tea enough to pay for that!!!).
I end up preferring to buy coffee out at Panera's instead.

Last edited:
I do drink tea. I was part of a monthly gardening group (which has disbanded since just about everyone moved out of Connecticut except two of us), and we'd meet Saturdays over various teas and discuss gardening, especially herb gardens. My favorite teas are green teas, and Earl Greys. I am especially fond of something called Victorian Earl Grey, which is produced by the Connecticut-based Simpson and Vail company.

Good to know there are some tea fans over the pond. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom