Anyone Use Spike Seasoning?

Dive Bar Casanova

Local time
1:23 AM
When I was a kid, there were campy, hammy beach movies with Frankie Avalon and Annette.
When ever they ate in the beach movies it was always cooked and served on the beach by a guy named Cappy who made a quick cameo appearance.

Cappy was a real guy than until recently ran Cappys restaurant in Newport Beach Calif. Always love eating there. Great food.
New owners still run the place the same.
Cappy always had Spike on the table and that's where I learned to like it.

51hIrhuoa%2BL._SS110_.jpg

Harder to find in the stores these days I have to order it online.
Sometimes it's my secret seasoning.
I love it on pasta with a little olive oil.

Anyone else use Spike?

Well - as you can imagine, this isn't something familiar in the UK. It can be obtained on-line, I discovered and contains a very interesting mix of ingredients - nutritional yeast is something often used in vegan dishes as it provides a deep umami flavour. Rosehips? That is most intriguing. Mushroom powder - more umami. Kelp - yet more of that umami.

In fact, this appears to be a vegan friendly seasoning.

Ingredients: Salt crystals (earth and sea), hydrolyzed soy protein (NO ADDED MSG), soy granules, mellow toasted onion, nutritional yeast, garlic, orange powder, dill, kelp, horseradish, mustard flour, orange and lemon peel, celery granules, and powder, sweet green and red bell peppers, parsley flakes, celery root powder, white pepper, turmeric, rosehips, summer savory, onion powder, parsley powder, mushroom powder, coriander, fenugreek, basil, cayenne pepper, spinach powder, cloves, cumin, ginger, marjoram, oregano, thyme, tarragon, cinnamon, safflower, paprika, tomato, rosemary, celery seed

Contains no chemical free flowing agents.

Back
Top Bottom