1 cup water
1/2 cup unfiltered apple cider
3 TBsp fresh lemon juice
1-1/2 TBsp maple syrup
Ice
5oz bourbon
Apple slices and thyme sprigs for garnish

Directions
Process the apple slices, water, cider, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve into an ice-filled pitcher. Discard solids.

Stir in the bourbon and garnish with apple slices and fresh thyme.

Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Apples

NOTE: I used a big Jonagold apple. I doubled the syrup and used a bit less lemon juice in order to up the sweetness profile. I made a half-recipe and found my stick blender perfectly suited to the task.

I should also add that the recipe mentions making this a mocktail by swapping out the bourbon for ginger beer or ginger ale.

Apple-Maple Bourbon Cocktail
Makes 4 cocktails

Ingredients
3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup water
1/2 cup unfiltered apple cider
3 TBsp fresh lemon juice
1-1/2 TBsp maple syrup
Ice
5oz bourbon
Apple slices and thyme sprigs for garnish

Directions
Process the apple slices, water, cider, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve into an ice-filled pitcher. Discard solids.

Stir in the bourbon and garnish with apple slices and fresh thyme.

Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.

NOTE: I used a big Jonagold apple. I doubled the syrup and used a bit less lemon juice in order to up the sweetness profile. I made a half-recipe and found my stick blender perfectly suited to the task.

That’s could be my kind of cocktail! Interesting indeed

I don't know what the sprig of fresh thyme added to the flavor, but it looks good!

It was probably mentioned only for decoration, but it is a shame, I would have marinated it a little and let it release its aroma. Or rather than thyme, I would have dared even with rosemary
Well, I'll try on my own and I'll let you know

I should also add that the recipe mentions making this a mocktail by swapping out the bourbon for ginger beer or ginger ale.
I almost responded to this with a laughter emoji, but I realize that might seem disrespectful. Plus, it’s not inherently terrible idea. But…no.

I’ve been waiting for you to post this, ever since you shared the picture of the drinks, so I’m going to make a variant of this tonight. I don’t have any cider, but I have plenty of apples. No mocktail this time.

Back
Top Bottom