100 ml (~92 g) canola/rapeseed oil or sunflower oil​
__________________________________________​
40-50 ml (34-43 g) caster sugar​
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon​
__________________________________________​
50 ml double/heavy cream​
(1/4 teaspoon vanilla sugar)​

Instructions / Filling

Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut the fruit into tiny bits. Crush the pistachios coarsely; keep a few whole pistachios for garnish. Melt the butter on a pan and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low-medium heat for ~25-40 min until the apples have softened and the sauce is medium brown and sticky. Let cool for at least 5 min before serving.

Instructions / Taco Shells and Garnish

Mix the cinnamon and sugar on a plate and set aside. Heat up 100 ml oil on a pan on medium-high heat. Cook the ready-made tortillas for 15-30 seconds per side until nicely browned and partly puffed. Drain the tortillas quickly on top of kitchen paper, toss in cinnamon sugar and place in u-shape on top of e.g. a flipped muffin pan or other support to set/solidify.

Whip the cream (with vanilla sugar). Fill the taco shells with the apple-pistachio mixture, garnish with whipped cream and a few whole pistachios and serve.

tac_a.png

tac_b.png

Last edited:
Well, I certainly have to give props to you for creativity. I never would have thought of this, and I am sure I'm not alone. :okay:

CD
Thanks. I hope you're not being sarcastic, caseydog :p:. Apple tacos are a rather popular treat - and the ingredients (wheat-based crust, pistachios, sugar, lemon juice, butter, cinnamon...) are quite similar to the lush baklava The Late Night Gourmet presented on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Thanks. I hope you're not being sarcastic, caseydog :p:. Apple tacos are a rather popular treat - and the ingredients (wheat-based crust, pistachios, sugar, lemon juice, butter, cinnamon...) are quite similar to your lush baklava which you presented on Wednesday.

I've never seen apple tacos before, and I live in Texas, where anything can be made into a taco.

BTW, I didn't submit the pistachio baklava. I believe that was LateNiteGourmet.

CD

I've never seen apple tacos before, and I live in Texas, where anything can be made into a taco.

BTW, I didn't submit the pistachio baklava. I believe that was LateNiteGourmet.

CD
Ok :) - and sorry, my mistake regarding the baklava entry. Apparently "apple tacos" are more of a contemporary European trend. I'll edit my former post.

Whenever I hear taco, I assume it's something savory and spicy. But, this is really...well, mjd already said it...delightful. I can see brewing a cup of coffee and enjoying one of these while I put off my New Year Resolution weight loss plans a little bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom