Apple recipes

mjd

Veteran
Local time
1:09 AM
I have about 10 lbs. of apples to use. My store was out of Mason jars so I can't make the planned apple butter.

I'm looking for some tried-n-true dessert recipes but open to other ideas.

Thanks in advance!

I have an outstanding apple pie recipe. I just rediscovered it while looking for that pumpkin pie recipe I posted earlier.

Bottom crust is typical, I usually use a Pillsbury one, then the filling is typical apple pie filling, then it's topped with a layer of sweetened sour cream.

I get it posted as soon as I can. I just bought apples so I can make it. I haven't made it in years.

Also, I made this awhile back, and it actually won a contest, so I have that going for me:

Recipe - Pork-And-Apple Pie

I've posted a sri lankan apple curry and a pakistani apple pickle (you can make a small amount and store in tupperware). I'll post the links when I'm on my laptop.

I'm having a similar problem to you. Lots of apple crumble!

Reactions: mjd
Not really a recipe, but a sandwich I've had. Roasted turkey sliced thin (not deli), though chicken or even pork roast would probably work, apple slices (either fresh thin sliced or sliced and lightly cooked in some butter), brie cheese, dijon mustard on ciabatta or baguette slices, then brushed with butter on outside and pressed, AKA a panini.

Not really a recipe, but a sandwich I've had. Roasted turkey sliced thin (not deli), though chicken or even pork roast would probably work, apple slices (either fresh thin sliced or sliced and lightly cooked in some butter), brie cheese, dijon mustard on ciabatta or baguette slices, then brushed with butter on outside and pressed, AKA a panini.
Thanks for the sandwich reminder!

Recipe - Cheddar-Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Reactions: mjd
mjd-lovescooking's apple butter, bubbling away:

I have an outstanding apple pie recipe. I just rediscovered it while looking for that pumpkin pie recipe I posted earlier.

Ok, first off, this pie isn't the pie I was talking about earlier. I can't find the other recipe, and I thought this was the one, but as I was making it, I realized I'd never made this pie before, even though this is a recipe I've had for decades. Once I cut into it, I'll let you know how it tastes.

I'll get the recipe written up and post a link here in a few minutes.

...and here you go:

Recipe - Sour Cream Apple Pie

Last edited:
The Apple Butter is finished. I am really pleased with it, thank you for the recipe mjd-lovescooking! Another batch is planned, as all of these jars are destined for Christmas hampers.
View attachment 48800

I'm glad you liked it. Your jars are beautiful!

P.S. Would you consider starting a new conversation about how you prepped your jars?

Back
Top Bottom