Arancini balls

elw474

Veteran
Local time
2:27 AM
So I ha some leftover risotto last night and decided to try my luck with some Arancini balls.
They were a flop! The mixture was very sticky and hard to handle and did not make very good looking balls.
I fried them and they looked more like patties, they bread crum coating had split and oozed risotto. Does anyone know where I went wrong?

What did you use to hold the mixture together? Eggs? Some other type of binder? You can't just roll them in bread crumbs and expect a solid coating. You have to plan ahead for the deep frying or pan frying stages - what and how long are you going to cook them for? I'd probably have did a mixture of eggs, bread crumb and any other seasonings you wanted to try fry them in, and then wrap the balls in something to keep their form.

we make them often make sure the rice is over cooked,so the starch absorbs any liquid,flavour and mould while hot or at least warm allow to cool completely then flour egg and bread crumb,its one of those jobs easy to do but easy to get wrong

Back
Top Bottom