Are you a lover of Pork?

Are you a lover of Pork?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
I would not say I love pork but I do eat pork, spare ribs mostly and only about once every few months.

I admit I'm not a huge fan of pork. It's one of the proteins I use the least. Now, bacon I can use in certain situations but frying turkey bacon might be my supplement. They tried to convert me with their 'other white meat' campaign but I never appreciated the meat itself. I guess tenderloin is my preferred pork.

I realise we have a few "pork lovers" in the forum. It's 3:30 am and I have some in the oven as I type. My husband is going to very happy, He's the pork lover in our home. Berties that's an interesting approach to the pork. Can't say I have tried it.

We went to a afternoon event yesterday that had a whole pig on a spit, I was In heaven ,apple sauce stuffing, soft baps,
I've done them myself before , but never had to put a pig on the pole,
There is more skill required for that

Pork can be very healthy if it is lean. I'm not a fan of crackling or pork belly at all but I do enjoy a nice lean pork steak, especially with barbecue sauce! Pork has quite a reputation for causing illness but if it is cooked throughly (as with all meats), there won't be any problems.

Pork can be very healthy if it is lean. I'm not a fan of crackling or pork belly at all but I do enjoy a nice lean pork steak, especially with barbecue sauce! Pork has quite a reputation for causing illness but if it is cooked throughly (as with all meats), there won't be any problems.

I've read it's not as healthy as it has been preached against. Still I don't like to cook too much of it. I do the steak with a nice barbecue sauce I make and stick it in the oven. Years ago it was a weekly treat for my husband from a local 'cook on the street outlet" until a friend saw a suspicious looking creature and I never went back. It used to be fried and super delicious. I honestly don't miss the fried pork which I think would be bad for the health.

I am a lover of pork, but it isn't the meat I cook with the most regularly. That would probably be lamb. Pork is much cheaper than beef or lamb in the UK, so it is a good option for me as I have a limited budget. I usually do either a roast pork dinner, a pork and apricot casserole or pork medallions in a mushroom, cream and mustard sauce.

I spoke of my husband's love for pork but recently we both paid a high price. There is something we call pudding and souse in our country which is a big Saturday dish for lots of people. It's a pickled pork of sorts mostly mixed with breadfruit. It's mostly done with pig's feet and ear. While prepared from a few restaurants, it's also prepared by some local folks right at their homes. For a year or so my husband has been buying it from someone he feels comfortable with but last week, it sent us all to the bathroom way too many times.

Pork was believed to be unhealthy for a long time because there was a parasite in the meat that could cause a disease called trichinosis. That disease and the parasite that caused it has been irradicated in the US, but until it was people were warned to make sure their pork was very well done. Now you see it pink in the middle on cooking shows. I was raised to thoroughly cook my pork and I still do. Pink in the middle pork roast grosses me out.

Aside from that, I do cook pork quite often. I like pork chops, but I cut the fat off mine. My husband likes the crispy fat, but I have an aversion to big chunks of fat. I also cook tenderloin and loin roasts. I have a recipe for balsamic pork roast that my family loves. And I make carnitas from slow cooked pork shoulder and also Pork Green Chili. So as long as the meat is thoroughly cooked, I guess I am a lover of pork. Oh yes, and ham is lush.

Yes I love pork. I cook with it at least twice a week. I make pork tenderloin, pork roast, breaded pork chops. I'll use left over BBQ pork to make fried rice or pork wraps. My kids love bacon so I've even done a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It is tender and tasty and can be done in so many different ways. A very versatile meat from Asian, Mexican, Italian.

I've been cooking a lot of meals for my Dad as he recovers from knee replacement surgery and I had made some barbequed pulled pork for my husband and me and there were leftovers. I took some over to my Dad and he wanted to dig in immediately. He asked me how I got the meat into strings because when he cooks pork, it won't do that. That's when I found out he uses really lean cuts like loin or tenderloin when he cooks his own pork. I explained to him that if he wants that "stringy" texture, he needs fattier meat. My Dad is careful about how much fat he eats, but I told him how the fat from the shoulder renders out if cooked slowly and it was an epifany for him. As he dug into the pulled pork, he said "I just love pork".

We are actually pork eaters in the house. Most houses in the Metro Manila are pork eaters like us. We just love pork, as they say when talking of food by region. Some regions in the south are fish eaters or vegetable eaters. This is not to justify our penchant for pork but it is not unhealthy to eat pork provided you eat sparingly and moderately in frequency. It is not good to eat pork everyday. In our house we have pork dishes about 3 times a week or less. On other days it would be fish or beef or chicken. But still, pork is the number 1 in our list.

Nope, I am not a big fan of pork and never will be. I do love to eat beef and tend to eat beef stew often. The thing about pork is that it doesn't settle with me well. I try and keep away from it to avoid any real issues.

I love pork, it's one of my favorite meats. I usually serve ham or pork roast on the holidays, other than Thanksgiving. I also don't believe most of what comes out of the experts' mouths. I'm a fan of everything in moderation, and that includes meat and sweets. The prices of meat have risen significantly lately, so I haven't been able to consume nearly as much as I would like to, but pork is still less expensive than beef, and in my opinion, is more flavorful.

Pork is great brined and grilled. Remember guys bacon is pork so don't go on hating it that bad. Pork is great in moderation or as a garnish to your salad even. Don't eat pork for three square meals a day because that's how you get high cholesterol though.

Back
Top Bottom