Bacon and egg pie

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:56 AM
We are staying at a house across the road from a beach for a few days tomorrow, I'm making a bacon and egg pie, there are two thoughts here, with or without tomato.
I put pastry on the bottom, then prick it, about 18 eggs spread around the pastry, then bacon spread over the top, then tomato sliced with lots of salt and pepper. I hardly use salt, but I use it a lot with tomatoes. Then pastry on top with nicks cut in top for steam to escape. My pies are loved and disappear in a minute or two.
Do you use tomatoes??
Or something else??

Russ

For me, if the tomatoes are GOOD tomatoes, I would use them. If they are the basic grocery-store tomatoes (no flavor), I would not.

CD

Sounds good 👍 I have made something similar but, layer a little differently. Pre Cook the shell first then add shredded parm to bottom of shell as soon as it comes out of oven so it melts. Then a layer of tomatoes that have been sliced and drained on paper towels, followed by eggs and bacon and top crust and pop back in the oven.

Sounds good 👍 I have made something similar but, layer a little differently. Pre Cook the shell first then add shredded parm to bottom of shell as soon as it comes out of oven so it melts. Then a layer of tomatoes that have been sliced and drained on paper towels, followed by eggs and bacon and top crust and pop back in the oven.

I like the cheese idea!

Russ

Pics
Base then caged eggs, I asked wife to get some from supermarket, she didn't realise and got caged eggs, I'm not happy about that. We are free range here. I didn't even know they labelled eggs now!!

Back
Top Bottom