Bagels

Daughter buys them for mr7, he couldn't remember the name last time he had one, think from memory he called them bongols??
I have no desire for them.

Russ

I don't know, probably both. Here, you can get onion bagels, pizza bagels, cinnamon-raisin bagels, etc. I don't like those.

Yeah, bacon works on everything!
I like onion bagels, but I don't like cinnamon raisin bagels. Pizza bagel sounds disgusting. I wouldn't eat it.

I like onion bagels, but I don't like cinnamon raisin bagels. Pizza bagel sounds disgusting. I wouldn't eat it.
It's got bits of pepperoni, sun-dried tomato, and bell pepper worked into the dough, and a bit of cheese. I don't want that in my bagel. I want my bagel to taste like a bagel!

See, that would totally freak me out because I usually want salmon on my bagels (I know, I know, you don't like fish). But could you imagine a pizza bagel with salmon on it? The onion would be okay, but cinnamon raisin would be off-putting...even if I liked raisins, which I do NOT.

See, that would totally freak me out because I usually want salmon on my bagels (I know, I know, you don't like fish). But could you imagine a pizza bagel with salmon on it? The onion would be okay, but cinnamon raisin would be off-putting...even if I liked raisins, which I do NOT.

I agree - if I wanted pizza I'd eat pizza. The thing I like about bagels is the neutrality. Just like I expect a pizza crust to be neutral. Its the toppings that make it interesting.

I have never made bagels and have no desire to do so. I find them far too dense to be enjoyable - although half a bagel, especially a New York City deli one, slathered with cream cheese, lox, thin red onion slivers, and capers is indeed great.
The air fryer recipe I found makes a much lighter bagel dough, with no yeast and it takes very little time. The recipe calls for Greek yogurt to achieve the tang and baking powder for the rise. I do think they could be baked in the oven quite easily as well. I made a batch yesterday in less than an hour from the time I poured the flour and other ingredients into the bowl to the time the air fryer "ding" occurred.

Back
Top Bottom