Baked potatoes

pocofan

Local time
8:55 PM
Finally learned how to make great baked potatoes. Should be simple but I had trouble getting them just right. I wash and dry them. Poke my holes in them. Cover them with soft butter, like Country Crock. Roll in course salt, then pepper and then dill. Bake at 400 F and flip every 20 minutes. Bake for 50-60 minutes depending on the size. On the past I either over cooked or under cooked. How do y’all make yours ?

caseydog

Legendary Member
Local time
Finally learned how to make great baked potatoes. Should be simple but I had trouble getting them just right. I wash and dry them. Poke my holes in them. Cover them with soft butter, like Country Crock. Roll in course salt, then pepper and then dill. Bake at 400 F and flip every 20 minutes. Bake for 50-60 minutes depending on the size. On the past I either over cooked or under cooked. How do y’all make yours ?

I wash and dry them, poke some holes in them, and bake at 350F until they reach 210F/99C internal temperature. I have found that to be the perfect internal temperature. I sometimes rub them in oil to crisp up the skin, but not always.

CD

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
9:55 PM
Similar to CD, I sometimes rub them down in oil and salt, sometimes I don't, though I go about 375F for around 75 minutes. I've never taken the internal temp, though, so now I'm intrigued.

caseydog

Legendary Member
Local time
Similar to CD, I sometimes rub them down in oil and salt, sometimes I don't, though I go about 375F for around 75 minutes. I've never taken the internal temp, though, so now I'm intrigued.

According to the Idaho Potato Commission, 210F is the ideal internal temperature for a Russet potato.

Ideal temperature for a baked potato

BTW, for those not from the US, the State of Idaho is the potato Mecca of the US.

CD

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:55 PM
Scrub clean, prick over with a fork, rub Evoo and salt
, microwave the let sit. Scoop out and fill with any topping. I boil sweet tatters and mash with onion bacon cheese then fill potato skins. Hear in oven, I sometimes add creamed corn on top.
I'm due to do these again.

Russ

LissaC

Über Member
Local time
2:55 AM
I have a gas oven and I can never get my potatoes to be as crispy as I want them. I cover them with salt, olive oil and cornstarch before putting them in the oven at 230ºC.

Top Bottom