Lynne Guinne

Veteran
Local time
5:21 AM
Ingredients

fresh figs
thin slices of prosciutto
goat cheese

Cut an "X" in the top of each fig, but do not cut all the way to the bottom. Wrap the prosciutto around the fig (you can use a toothpick to secure if you must, but try to get it to stay together without one), leaving the upper half unwrapped. Stuff some goat cheese into the X of the fig. Bake in a 400 degree F (200 C, Gas Mark 6) for about 7-8 minutes.

This is a typical appetiser during the summer in Italy and in Spain, we use Iberian acorn fed ham however, we do not bake it ..

Shall give it a try, however, figs are no longer in season here .. However, we do have Pomegranate Season in Granada ! Also lovely ..

Thank you for posting and have a wonderful evening ..

I keep telling myself that I need to make something with figs. This seems like a terrific way to do that. Thanks for sharing!

@The Late Night Gourmet & @Lynne Guinne

You should if they are freshly available as it is late for fresh figs ..

Just wanted to mention that fresh figs are a Moroccan Andalusian tradition and often combined in lamb tagines & chicken tagines and in Spain, common in salads with fresh goat cheese and caramelised onions and fresh field greens like Rocket (arugula) and in a large majority of eateries with Iberian acorn fed ham ..
Have a nice evening ..

@The Late Night Gourmet & @Lynne Guinne

You should if they are freshly available as it is late for fresh figs ..

Just wanted to mention that fresh figs are a Moroccan Andalusian tradition and often combined in lamb tagines & chicken tagines and in Spain, common in salads with fresh goat cheese and caramelised onions and fresh field greens like Rocket (arugula) and in a large majority of eateries with Iberian acorn fed ham ..
Have a nice evening ..

They are lovely in tagines - fresh or dried.

Back
Top Bottom