For Breading
150 gr breadcrumbs
50 gr almond flour
1 bunch of parsley
Sweet paprika
Salt
Pepper

Method:
Put all the ingredients for the marination in a glass or ceramic baking pan. Lay the salmon fillet, boned and completely peeled, and massage lightly. Cover the baking pan and refrigerate for 24 hours.
After 24 hours take the salmon fillet and gently remove all the spices. Filter extra virgin olive oil from spices.
Prepare the breading wth the ingredients and add the filtered oil. The breading must be quite wet. Cut the fillet into 4 portions to facilitate cooking and cover the fillet well with the breading.
Bake at 180 degrees in the static oven for 8 minutes and then at 230 degrees with grill function for 4/5 minutes,
upload_2017-12-26_17-9-21.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a fascinating recipe! The salmon is pretty well 'cured' by the marinade (as in gravadlax). The use of almond flour (ground almonds) in the breading mix is something I have never come across. Does it add a particular flavour?

The use of almond flour (ground almonds) in the breading mix is something I have never come across. Does it add a particular flavour?
In these proportions not much. Here the flavour of anise and fennel seeds prevails. Generally the almond flour makes the breading more crisp. It is also used for white meat.

Last edited:
@Sandra

As always, extraordinarily exceptional ..

I do a similar récipe however, I use ceci farine ( chick pea flour) which prohibits the Bio Evoo, extra virgin olive oil from seeping (entering ) into the fish and enables or permits the maintaining the crispiness ..

Buon Natale = Merry Christmas .. And have a healthy, successful and happy new year 2018 ahead ..

Last edited:
@Sandra
I do a similar récipe however, I use ceci farine ( chick pea flour) which prohibits the Bio Evoo, extra virgin olive oil from seeping (entering ) into the fish and enables or permits the maintaining the crispiness
Chick pea flour in the breading mix? I absolutely have to try it! Thank you for your suggestion
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too :)

Chick pea flour in the breading mix? I absolutely have to try it! Thank you for your suggestion

@Sandra

Try a small piece of fish or chicken breast boneless and see the difference .. I fry my fresh anchovies and calamari in chick pea flour .. A three Michelin Star Chef on the Andalusian Coast, gave me his secret to his incredible fish !!!

Then you can decide what you prefer ..

@Sandra

I prepare wild fresh cod fish by dusting it in chick pea flour and baking it as you do .. Though I have sautéed it too in Evoo in a grill stove top pan ..

Though I have also made wild cod in "frecole " ( walnut flour ) as well as in almond flour and hazel nut flour .. I bake the fish at 180 C degrees 20 minutes approx .. Of course, not all at the same time ..

I have never prepared wild salmon this way .. I usually grill on stove top ..

Back
Top Bottom