BBC Cooking Site

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
8:50 AM
BBC are looking at closing it online site in order to save money. Sales of it's books have dropped sharply over the years it seems, causing it to loose money.

I don't think this story is quite what it seems. I was aghast when I first read it yesterday, monumental stupidity as only the BBC can achieve. However, according to today's papers it did not include the BBC Good Food site, which is apparently quite profitable, and they have back tracked anyway due to public outrage. Sources claim it was a publicity stunt.

BBC are looking at closing it online site in order to save money. Sales of it's books have dropped sharply over the years it seems, causing it to loose money.
Thanks for the NEWS. Now I can check out a site I never did before.

I signed the petition to retain it. I use it a lot to check recipes I've seen on TV - or to look up basic recipes. The BBC Good Food site doesn't contain a lot of the recipes on the BBC website...

The good thing about it is that instead of the insane plethora of recipes you find if you search the internet (some of which are badly written, ill conceived and written by extremely novice cooks), the BBC website is tried and tested recipes by Chefs and TV cooks. So, as far as you can trust anything on the internet, you can trust that the recipes are at least do-able and at best excellent.

I don't think this story is quite what it seems. I was aghast when I first read it yesterday, monumental stupidity as only the BBC can achieve. However, according to today's papers it did not include the BBC Good Food site, which is apparently quite profitable, and they have back tracked anyway due to public outrage. Sources claim it was a publicity stunt.
With a bit of luck, as they, (the BBC, feel the books are out of date in method). Wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom