Beans go with...

Had to look this up - toasted sandwiches! Are you saying you put baked beans inside the sandwich?
Yes.

When I open the can I pour off a little of the sauce that’s on top, and then give the beans a stir, if I’m making a large batch of toasties then I grate a pile of cheese & stir it into the beans in a mixing bowl first. Makes life easier.

This with a cup of veggie soup is a good lunch or quick dinner in winter.

Vegetarian anything gives the males here the horrors so I often finely chop a leftover beef sausage or 2 & stir this into the mix as well.

I was watching a british show on youtube and they were having baked beans and waffles....i can't seem to wrap my tastebuds around that...maybe american waffles are different than british waffle?

I eat a lot of beans tho not a lot of baked beans...i tend to go for the black beans, kidney beans, and great northern beans. I love red kidney beans and spaghetti.

I was watching a british show on youtube and they were having baked beans and waffles.

Must say I've ver come across that in the UK. Waffles aren't normally eaten for breakfast at all here. I could eat that so long as the waffles weren't sweet...

I don't know what potato waffles are...are they like waffle cut french fries? These waffles on the program looked like regular waffles.
I've just googled waffle cut french fries - they look like what we would call game chips, so no not the same thing.
If you check the potato waffles link I provided it takes you to an example of potato waffles. They look very similar to ordinary waffles except they have holes in them rather than just indentations.

The waffles on the show weren't dark in color just looked like square regular waffles but the person eating them said the meal was savory not sweet. My waffle are usually sweetish with fruit like apple, blueberry, banana or strawberry cooked inside.

My Mum got a waffle iron many years ago (late 1950s/early 60s) and we had waffles on several occasions. They were usually made with batter, but never sweet. I can't remember having them with anything sweet either. She often used to make them to replace chips in a meal.

American waffles are usually sweet...so are most our pies. I watch the british bake off show on pbs and see all the nonsweet pies that gets baked and find the differences in our cooking and baking interesting but baked beans and waffles...i don't think i can take that kind of culture shock.

American waffles are usually sweet...so are most our pies. I watch the british bake off show on pbs and see all the nonsweet pies that gets baked and find the differences in our cooking and baking interesting but baked beans and waffles...i don't think i can take that kind of culture shock.

If the waffles are made as savoury its similar having any other carb with the beans - like having beans and fried bread or beans and chips or beans and hash browns. I think they would have most likely been potato waffles as has been mentioned. They can look very similar to the waffles you are used to. These potato waffles are from a German blogger (I translated the ingredients, below). https://www.jankessoulfood.com/2016/04/english-breakfast-waffles-mit-baked.html

English Breakfast Waffles - Jankes Soulfood-1.jpg

400g boiled potatoes
100g butter
200g sour cream or sour cream
5 eggs
Salt pepper
1 pinch of sugar
400g wheat flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder

Back
Top Bottom