Beef Wellington

Abdellah

Local time
8:41 AM
Hello everyone
I want to prepare a beef Wellington in my restaurant, and I do not know how to preserve it because I will have to serve only slices to individuals and keep the other slices.
Is there any way to do it ?
Thank you

the beef of course, is not the problem.
the issue will be to keep the pastry crust crisp.
won't last in the fridge, the only thing you can try is keeping it piping hot - which is going to "well done" the meat.
IMG_0498.JPG

I'd suggest making small Wellie pies, to get past that difficulty. Plus, if you pre-form them, and only cook them to demand, the small size will cook in a reasonable (restaurant-wise) time - and should be quite tasty.

Although I have to admit, I've never actually eaten a Beef Wellington yet - but I've watched a number of chefs making them online/on YouTube etc. Having the option for rare/medium rare seems to be important. As well as having that crispy crusty nuance.

Maybe modify the recipe to make individual wellies?
I'd suggest making small Wellie pies, to get past that difficulty. Plus, if you pre-form them, and only cook them to demand, the small size will cook in a reasonable (restaurant-wise) time - and should be quite tasty.

Although I have to admit, I've never actually eaten a Beef Wellington yet - but I've watched a number of chefs making them online/on YouTube etc. Having the option for rare/medium rare seems to be important. As well as having that crispy crusty nuance.

I reckon this is the way to go - any re-heating will result in overdone meat as CookieMonster has observed.

IIRC, Beef Wellington is usually an entree made for two people to share -- making it great for a romantic meal for a couple. I wouldn't even try to serve it by the slice.

CD

All I can picture is Gordon Ramsey slamming individual ones into the garbage on Hell's Kitchen. We made one once. I'd rather make a mole negro than make another one of those! :headshake:

Back
Top Bottom