Beer batter?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:46 PM
Do you use beer batter? I fry my fish in batter. I usually use an old dark beer but fridge was dry. I tried eith pilsner. I pretty happy with results.
I will know later tonight when guests try it.

Russ

Do you use beer batter? I fry my fish in batter. I usually use an old dark beer but fridge was dry. I tried eith pilsner. I pretty happy with results.
I will know later tonight when guests try it.

Russ
Any beer works well!

On the rare occasions u deep-fry something like that, yes, and my preferred beer for it is a lighter style, like a pilsner.

this has been my go to for years.
source: The Frugal Gourmet . . . yeah, that old . . .

1 cup flour
2 egg yolks
2 beaten egg whites
salt & pepper

2 t curry powder-
1 t cayenne - to taste
1 T corn oil
2 cup beer
mix dry ingredients
add one cup beer
mix well, fold in beaten to nearly stiff egg whites
add second cup of beer, allow to stand 15 minutes

I think it's important that someone who makes beer batter likes to drink beer. I mean, rarely does anyone add 12 ounces of beer to their batter, Amiright? It's sinful to waste beer so someone has to drink what's left!

Indeed. The remainder doesn’t stand a chance. Just enough left to get me to the fridge to get myself another one. .

I think it's important that someone who makes beer batter likes to drink beer. I mean, rarely does anyone add 12 ounces of beer to their batter, Amiright? It's sinful to waste beer so someone has to drink what's left!

Beer doesn't get wasted here. I have a fridge full in the garage. From corona to Heineken.

Russ

It's a perfectly good reason to have another beer!In Heaven There is no Beer
Benjamin Franklin Quotes About Beer | A-Z Quotes
1709417991334.jpeg

I guess beer didn't get approved beyond the pearly gates.

For years I believed this:
Benjamin Franklin once said: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Turns out he didn't. Dratted Snopes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom