1 pound beets about 4, peeled and diced
1/2 pound turnips about 2, peeled and diced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 large eggs

Instructions

In a high-sided skillet, cover beets and turnips with water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and wipe out skillet.

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add boiled beets and turnips and cook until turnips begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes.

Reduce heat to medium, add onion, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley.

Make four wells in the hash. Crack one egg into each and top with salt & pepper. Cover and cook until whites set but yolks are still runny, 3-5 minutes. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.

Recipe courtesy of TheEveryKitchen.com (who borrowed it from MarthaStewart.com)

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Beetroot (Beets)

I love beets. I don't know why I don't think of them more often. I love that totally unique earthy-but-fresh odor and taste. Even peeling them yesterday...as soon as I topped the first one, the kitchen filled with that bright beety smell that only beets have.

Beet & Turnip Hash with Runny Eggs
Servings 4

Ingredients
1 pound beets about 4, peeled and diced
1/2 pound turnips about 2, peeled and diced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 large eggs

Instructions

In a high-sided skillet, cover beets and turnips with water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and wipe out skillet.

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add boiled beets and turnips and cook until turnips begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes.

Reduce heat to medium, add onion, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley.

Make four wells in the hash. Crack one egg into each and top with salt & pepper. Cover and cook until whites set but yolks are still runny, 3-5 minutes. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.

Recipe courtesy of TheEveryKitchen.com (who borrowed it from MarthaStewart.com)

Interesting dish indeed and I love those colours!
The method in which the eggs are cooked inside is similar to that one of eggs in purgatory

Back
Top Bottom