Recipe Beetroot, Burrata & Balsamic

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:21 PM
Its a tried and tested trio which has a pleasingly alliterated title: deliciously creamy burrata with intense balsamic and earthy sweet beetroot. The finger lime ‘caviar’ adds refreshing bursts of acidity. Serve as a simple starter. I’m not prescribing quantities of ingredients for this recipe. Simply arrange the beetroot, radish & burrata on a plate in quantities which please you and drizzle over the balsamic & parsley oil.

Ingredients
Burrata cheese
Cooked golden beetroot
Balsamic vinegar
Parsley oil (recipe here)
Thinly sliced radishes
Finger lime (optional)

Method
  1. To make the balsamic reduction, place the vinegar in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until it is reduced by half to three-quarters and becomes thick and syrupy. Set aside and leave to cool. The reduction will keep for several weeks or more.
  2. Slice the beetroot as thinly as possible and arrange on serving plates. Add the burrata partially broken open. Add the finger lime ‘caviar’, if using.
  3. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and parsley oil.

Its a tried and tested trio which has a pleasingly alliterated title: deliciously creamy burrata with intense balsamic and earthy sweet beetroot. The finger lime ‘caviar’ adds refreshing bursts of acidity. Serve as a simple starter. I’m not prescribing quantities of ingredients for this recipe. Simply arrange the beetroot, radish & burrata on a plate in quantities which please you and drizzle over the balsamic & parsley oil.

View attachment 36325

Ingredients
Burrata cheese
Cooked golden beetroot
Balsamic vinegar
Parsley oil (recipe here)
Thinly sliced radishes
Finger lime (optional)

Method
  1. To make the balsamic reduction, place the vinegar in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until it is reduced by half to three-quarters and becomes thick and syrupy. Set aside and leave to cool. The reduction will keep for several weeks or more.
  2. Slice the beetroot as thinly as possible and arrange on serving plates. Add the burrata partially broken open. Add the finger lime ‘caviar’, if using.
  3. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and parsley oil.
View attachment 36324

Where did you find Burrata?

Where did you find Burrata?

Its in supermarkets here. I got it from Ocado:

Product information

Description
Burrata has a gorgeous soft, buttery centre, which is made from cream and unspun mozzarella curds, enclosed in a pocelain white mozzarella casing. This amazingly creamy cheese has been made by Caseificio Fratelli Capurso's dairy in Gioia del Colle. They uphold the principles of quality in small production using only milk from local cows and follow the Southern Apulian tradition resulting in a beautifully creamy yet firm burrata.

Country of Origin
Italy

View attachment 36334

Product information

Description
Burrata has a gorgeous soft, buttery centre, which is made from cream and unspun mozzarella curds, enclosed in a pocelain white mozzarella casing. This amazingly creamy cheese has been made by Caseificio Fratelli Capurso's dairy in Gioia del Colle. They uphold the principles of quality in small production using only milk from local cows and follow the Southern Apulian tradition resulting in a beautifully creamy yet firm burrata.

Country of Origin
Italy

I learned something........again.

Russ

View attachment 36334

Product information

Description

Country of Origin
Italy

oh sure, Ocado! 😍

Back
Top Bottom