Benefits of Eating Avocado

I heard in the news avocado is one of brain food.
Avocados are rich in a fatty acid called oleic acid, which helps to build the coating of insulation, known as myelin (found in white matter of the brain. The body can manufacture some oleic acid itself with enough other good fats in our diet as well, but if you can eat it.... I find a great use of avocados is to use them instead of butter/marg on sandwiches (I can't have any dairy in my diet).

I do not eat avocados as often as I would like to, I can eat them plain or make a dip out of the fruit. I have always considered them too high in calories and expensive to eat often. It is a special treat to me.

I like avocados especially on certain dishes. I eat them sliced on a Mexican baked fish I make. I also like them in guacamole, and as a side dish with a number of foods, especially eggs. THey are also very good in sandwiches and salads. IF you think avocados have too many calories, and fats, try a slimcado. These are available in various grocery stores. They have half the fat and calories...but regular avocados do taste much better.

I like avocados especially on certain dishes. I eat them sliced on a Mexican baked fish I make. I also like them in guacamole, and as a side dish with a number of foods, especially eggs. THey are also very good in sandwiches and salads. IF you think avocados have too many calories, and fats, try a slimcado. These are available in various grocery stores. They have half the fat and calories...but regular avocados do taste much better.
A slimcado! Gosh, I never heard of it. I don't think we have such a thing in the UK but will google it.

I reckon avocados need an acidic or salty accompaniment to be palatable. Balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, crispy bacon all work. Seafood is good with them too. I simply can't eat them as they come. There is also an unfortunate (to my mind) trend for using them in desserts. Babies like them as a weaning food. That may say it all!

I love avocados, but not when they're overly ripe. I find the consistency when they're squishy to be pretty disgusting. I usually don't bother using them to cook with, and will either eat them plain with salt, with salt and a little olive oil and vinegar, or in a salad.

I've also seen the trend to use them in desserts, and it doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. I have never tasted a cake or other dessert baked with avocado, but I honestly don't care to.

Back
Top Bottom