Best budget gadgets & tools

Persian limes don't have seeds. The trees are a lemon base with a grafted on lime sapling. You have to buy the whole tree. Our Key limes have seeds as well as the Mexican version.

Thanks. I thought I might be losing my mind (again), because I was just certain the limes I buy have seeds.

CD

Thanks. I thought I might be losing my mind (again), because I was just certain the limes I buy have seeds.

CD
I've only ever bought supermarket limes, and they've never had seeds.

Curious, is it just me, or does lime juice have this really...earthy smell that's rather unpleasant?

I've only ever bought supermarket limes, and they've never had seeds.

Curious, is it just me, or does lime juice have this really...earthy smell that's rather unpleasant?

Love the smell of lime juice, particularly the smell of a fresh cut Kaffir lime, too bad they are useless for culinary purposes. They also have seeds.

Love the smell of lime juice, particularly the smell of a fresh cut Kaffir lime, too bad they are useless for culinary purposes. They also have seeds.
I don't know what it is about it, and it's the same reaction I have with honey. Honey to me tastes fuzzy, which I get isn't a taste at all, and lime juice is the same way, it has this odor that I can't describe using any kind of odor terms, so I always have a hard time explaining my meaning. The closest I can get to is to say it smells like dirt feels, and it really puts me off.

I use it frequently, it's a great ingredient, but I don't like being around it.

too bad they are useless for culinary purposes.

Well the leaves are amazing for culinary purposes. Fantastically perfumed. I have some in the freezer. And also the dried skin. In fact I recently cooked something using dried Kaffir lime skin to flavour it.

Our kaffir lime is about a year old and limes are pick able size. Wife asked when I would pick these. I explained I only got the plant for the leaves (minus the central stem.) And the lime for its zest. She couldn't figure why I can't use it for juice. I didn't even try to explain it.

Russ

Our kaffir lime is about a year old and limes are pick able size. Wife asked when I would pick these. I explained I only got the plant for the leaves (minus the central stem.) And the lime for its zest. She couldn't figure why I can't use it for juice. I didn't even try to explain it.

Russ

See above. You can dry the peel itself. I've just made a dish using it. The dried peel I have comes from Thailand.

Oh, a real back and leg saver for me in the kitchen...those spongy anti-fatigue cook's mats. I've got three, and I'm about to get a fourth. About $15-$20 each. If I could, I'd do my whole kitchen floor in them.

Ordered this hamburger press from Amazon.

Don't know what they are. But they sound a bit very 'non-designer'. Well, at least the images coming in to my head are.
It's basically a very thick, spongy kitchen mat. Here's some info (no good pics, though):

What You Should Know About Those Anti-Fatigue Mats, According to a Chiropractor

MrsTasty talked me into buying one, and I was skeptical, but before that weekend was over, I'd gone back and bought two more; one I. Front of the stove, one in front of the sink, and one in front of one of my prep areas. Now I need one for my other prep area.

It's basically a very thick, spongy kitchen mat. Here's some info (no good pics, though):

What You Should Know About Those Anti-Fatigue Mats, According to a Chiropractor

MrsTasty talked me into buying one, and I was skeptical, but before that weekend was over, I'd gone back and bought two more; one I. Front of the stove, one in front of the sink, and one in front of one of my prep areas. Now I need one for my other prep area.

My mom has them in her kitchen. They feel pretty good standing on them. They are not pretty. But, they work.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/s/anti-fatigue-mats-for-kitchen

CD

Back
Top Bottom