Best Burger You've Ever had?

The gold standard? Maybe, but I haven't heard that. 5 Guys can be seen two ways, because although yes, it could be seen as an amazing burger (compared to other places it is extra juicy = greasy), but then at the same time there are people like me out there, who can't enjoy it because it feels like a heart attack on a bun. Personally when something is so amazingly greasy and unhealthy I can't give a place props for it. Like Paula Deen style cooking, sure it tastes great, but I'd be more impressed if you made the food taste good from your cooking not from the fatty ingredients. Does that make sense? Anyways I do think 5 Guys does some awesome self promotion holding onto news articles and reviews and plastering them in their restaurants, it reminds me of what Lick's in Canada did 30 years ago and yet they cooked a burger that wouldn't give you a coronary 5 minutes after eating it.

The best burger I think I have ever had was the pretzel burger I had at The Ram a couple of months ago. It was a thick beef burger inside of a pretzel bun with caramelized onion, chedder sauce, and deep fried breaded onions on top. Not the healthiest burger in the world, but it sure was good!

I suspect you guys in the USA have a head start on us in Britain. Most of the burger bars here have too main faults - miserable staff with a couldn't care less attitude and only average burgers, [not really all that much competition over here]. The best I've ever had we made at home and very nice too.

I completely agree, ther's no competition at all and places like Gourmet Burger Kitchen are far too expensive. Making your own is definitely the way to go. In the past, I've tried to recreate the burgers you see on "Man vs. Food" myself and they were so much better than anything you could get at a fast food joint.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but: Mine. My burgers are my favourite burgers. As opposed to grease juicing my burgers up I tend to grate a decent amount of onion up & add it to the patty.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but: Mine. My burgers are my favourite burgers. As opposed to grease juicing my burgers up I tend to grate a decent amount of onion up & add it to the patty.

Do you have a recipe? Sounds delicious

I literally just used the grated onion move on a meatloaf I made yesterday! Love it. I like my burger to be all about the meat I'm using. Here's a basic break down:

Take the meat you're deciding to use (works with any) & spread it flatly & evenly on a cutting board
Grab a fine grater (so you can get the sweet sweet juice of the onion) & grate one decent sized white onion over the meat
Incorporate pepper & a smidge of heavy cream (you can leave this out but it's delicious)
Cook and THEN salt. Salt after cooking

Tah Dah! Delish.

I literally just used the grated onion move on a meatloaf I made yesterday! Love it. I like my burger to be all about the meat I'm using. Here's a basic break down:

Take the meat you're deciding to use (works with any) & spread it flatly & evenly on a cutting board
Grab a fine grater (so you can get the sweet sweet juice of the onion) & grate one decent sized white onion over the meat
Incorporate pepper & a smidge of heavy cream (you can leave this out but it's delicious)
Cook and THEN salt. Salt after cooking

Tah Dah! Delish.
Wait, heavy cream in a burger patty? That's an interesting move. Does it not become liquidy?

No, you're not adding cups to pounds. It's just a splash. I like to use the fold approach after putting the cream splash in the center. Just folding the least amount to incorporate all the flavours into the meat.

What's your go to recipe?

Back
Top Bottom