Best way to add thick honey when baking

Amateur1

Local time
12:53 AM
I have a recipe which requires a tbsp of honey. I pour my honey into a tbsp then transfer from the tablespoon into my pot or pan. The process takes ages as the honey is so sticky.
Any suggestions on speeding it up?
I like to be able to add the ingredients quickly at the end, so I can leave the quinoa covered for longer.
Recipe is below. I found some Manuka honey in Tesco for £8 and thought I would give it a try. Personally, I prefer the Maple syrup. It's easier to pour.

QUINOA Coconut PORRIDGE

Ingredients

83 g quinoa raw (1 500g packet divided into 6)
220 ml water
150 ml (0.25 pints) milk,
15g coconut cream
0.25 tsp cinnamon
0.25 tsp salt
7.5g cacao
1 tbsp maple syrup

Instructions

Boil the quinoa then simmer the quinoa in water for 12 minutes as I find the quinoa does not become translucent when boiled in milk.
Add milk, turn on timer for 10 minutes, turn the heat back up making sure to turn down the gas before it bubbles over (about 3 minutes) then put spoon into bowl, so pan is slightly open.
About a minute before timer ends, add maple syrup. Stir.
Once timer ends, switch off gas for 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, stir vigorously and serve. Add more milk if necessary.

Anything sticky, like syrup or honey, you can give the spoon a quick squirt of vegetable oil spray or rub a drop of vegetable oil in it first, and the runny stuff will slide right out. Works in a measuring cup for larger amounts as well.

Find the weight for the volume you need, put the bowl or pot you're adding to on a scale, zero off the weight and add the honey, maple syrup, molasses that way. You'll never make a mess or waste that way.

I have digital scales, so not sure that putting a hot pot on top of them would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom