Best way to cook your eggs?

This is something bodybuilders started 50+ years ago, and was popularized by the movie "Rocky". The idea was that it was a quick way to get protein into your body. I mean, who has 3 whole minutes to cook an egg anyway?

View attachment 37640

If Sylvester Stallone could win the title, it must be good for you, right? But, in the years since, it's understood that your body absorbs more protein and biotin from cooked eggs. That, and the whole salmonella thing make it inadvisable.
maybe they should join this thread with that 3 mins saved hahaha

never know about this tho its pretty cool what media can do

There are, of course, Scotch Eggs which are popular in UK. I've even made them myself here in Thailand.

I think morning glory has even made them with runny egg yolk but that could have been another thing.

I have two recipes which I love. The first one was an invention of mine. I like fusion dishes and I put one together which I am very pleased with and serve to guests whenever they stay with us:

See: Two egg recipes I love

Last edited by a moderator:
Recipe - Smoke Cured Pork Sausage and Gruyere Cheese Strata

A great, make ahead recipe for feeding a lot of people.

Last years hunting and fishing had more modifications.

I used the full amount of the dairy products. (full fat) Eliminated the bread. Used the spinach and mushrooms and added diced, raw asparagus. The asparagus add a nice texture.

I like the versatility. Use any kind of cheese, bacon instead of sausage, Italian Sausage removed from the casing and browned, diced red potatoes instead of bread, an assortment of vegetables. I usually serve it with Tomatilla Salsa.

Sorry - no pics. Fishing season is fixing to kick off so I will be making Strata soon. I will post pics then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have eggs for breakfast on alternate mornings, cooking boiled, poached and scrambled in that order. I eat each spread over a slice of toast. I did try the soldiers idea with boiled egg, but always finished the egg before the toast. I think my favourite is poached, so long as I get it poached right - the runnier the yoke the better.

Gillian

Recipe - Smoke Cured Pork Sausage and Gruyere Cheese Strata

A great, make ahead recipe for feeding a lot of people.

Last years hunting and fishing had more modifications.

I used the full amount of the dairy products. (full fat) Eliminated the bread. Used the spinach and mushrooms and added diced, raw asparagus. The asparagus add a nice texture.

I like the versatility. Use any kind of cheese, bacon instead of sausage, Italian Sausage removed from the casing and browned, diced red potatoes instead of bread, an assortment of vegetables. I usually serve it with Tomatilla Salsa.

Sorry - no pics. Fishing season is fixing to kick off so I will be making Strata soon. I will post pics then.
cant wait to see the pics till then!

Back
Top Bottom