Best way to cook your eggs?

oh wow how does duck egg taste like?

They taste like chicken eggs and like rascal says, there is more yolk and less white than chicken eggs and the shell is thicker. The duck eggs that I get are free range and tend to be larger overall.

One thing I have not seen mentioned here is salt cured egg yolks. I don't do them very often, but basically you put a 50/50 mix of salt and plain white sugar in a container, set egg yolks on it, then cover with more of the salt & sugar mix. Stick in the fridge for a few days, maybe a week. Grated on salads, slices in pho or ramen, ...

mjb.

One thing I have not seen mentioned here is salt cured egg yolks. I don't do them very often, but basically you put a 50/50 mix of salt and plain white sugar in a container, set egg yolks on it, then cover with more of the salt & sugar mix. Stick in the fridge for a few days, maybe a week. Grated on salads, slices in pho or ramen, ...

mjb.

That is a co-incidence, because I was looking at how to do that yesterday. I will definitely try this.

WOW
I have never heard of that.
Grandmother had Guinea hen. She would pickle the eggs. In local markets you can get jars of pickled quail eggs. In the old days the local bars and honkey tonks would have a gallon jar of pickled eggs on the bar for patrons to snack on.

mjb.
oh wow, that seems hard to do! The recipes seem simple, but somehow i think i will fail if i try. hahha

Back
Top Bottom