Binge worthy films or series (Netflix, TV, etc)

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
4:45 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I have to take rests frequently which means I knit or spin a lot whilst watching TV resting.
The result is that I get through quite a lot of Netflix. I've only got very limited TV reception .

What films or series would you recommend? I've watched plenty but I don't want to influence recommendations by saying what, though I'm not that keen on situation comedy, comedy, things like home and away or neighbours or eastenders etc. I'm more into SciFi, action, war, crime/detective etc.

I'm loving peaky blinders ATM. A great movie I just watched is the story of bonnie and Clyde, called highwaymen, very very good. Another I'm loving is Barry, the story of a hit man.

Russ

I've never used Netflix. Guessing you can get any movie you want? If you like the oldies, like me..

Dial M for Murder
The postman always rings twice (the original w Lana Turner)
Rebecca
Rear window
Marnie
The birds
In cold blood
The onion field
Witness for the prosecution
Double indemnity
Apocalypse now
Papillon
Deer hunter

Still thinking...

I've never used Netflix. Guessing you can get any movie you want? If you like the oldies, like me..

Dial M for Murder
The postman always rings twice (the original w Lana Turner)
Rebecca
Rear window
Marnie
The birds
In cold blood
The onion field
Witness for the prosecution
Double indemnity
Apocalypse now
Papillon
Deer hunter

Still thinking...

I like Hitchcock as well. Watched a drama portraying his life, amazing.

Russ

Here are a few Action/SciFi TV Series on NetFlix
  • Supernatural (Season 1 & 2 only - Rest is crap)
  • Sherlock (Love this version)
  • Lost Girl
Not sure which channel these are on, but here are some others to look for.
  • Travellers
  • Ash vs Evil Dead
  • iZombie
  • Dark Matter
  • 13 Reasons Why

Can you get UK TV series @SatNavSaysStraightOn?
We get very little in the way of TV signal strength (which we are trying to get dealt with). Even the channel that shows back to back M*A*S*H Monday to Thursday is well ,let's just say the wind had to be blowing in the right direction. the aerial signal strength is that low that even with a good quality cable and good quality signal booster, we still can't use the pvr, even to watch the TV via, forget recording anything. Ironically if the channel you want to watch had a catch up option, then you can use that, if you can get into the app to do so . Generally I just bale to Netflix.
They do have some BBC programs . Paranoid was exceptionally good and it was quite amusing watching it because the police station was based in our old local village and lots of the series was filmed in and around the local area .
But generally, no we can't . There are ways and means of getting to BBC catchup but they're not legal .

I have to take rests frequently which means I knit or spin a lot whilst watching TV resting.
The result is that I get through quite a lot of Netflix. I've only got very limited TV reception .

What films or series would you recommend? I've watched plenty but I don't want to influence recommendations by saying what, though I'm not that keen on situation comedy, comedy, things like home and away or neighbours or eastenders etc. I'm more into SciFi, action, war, crime/detective etc.

Kath and Kim is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, an aussie show about a mother and daughter, brilliant :laugh:

Original Star Trek series
Star Trek Voyager
Enterprise
Shannara Chronicles (discontinued after 2 seasons)
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Hobbit movies
Top Chef
The Bourne movies

We get very little in the way of TV signal strength (which we are trying to get dealt with). Even the channel that shows back to back M*A*S*H Monday to Thursday is well ,let's just say the wind had to be blowing in the right direction. the aerial signal strength is that low that even with a good quality cable and good quality signal booster, we still can't use the pvr, even to watch the TV via, forget recording anything. Ironically if the channel you want to watch had a catch up option, then you can use that, if you can get into the app to do so . Generally I just bale to Netflix.
They do have some BBC programs . Paranoid was exceptionally good and it was quite amusing watching it because the police station was based in our old local village and lots of the series was filmed in and around the local area .
But generally, no we can't . There are ways and means of getting to BBC catchup but they're not legal .

We get Mash and law & order practically 24/7. Don't care for or watch either. Cable is so expensive, maybe I should look into Netflix. A friend mentioned Roku, but I'm not very techy.

Highly recommend Kath n Kim. Look at moi. Lol. The dancing scene is pure gold!!!!
Another is the series Barry. I like blood n gore in movies.
As I mentioned peaky blinders is awesome as well. I'm still catching up on it.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom