Black Tomatoes (advice)

I've come to the conclusion they are Indigo Rose - developed in Oregon. They seem to be the only really jet black tomato.

TKeep them on the plant as long as possible, until the leaves of the plant curl and go brown (and not through lack of water).
If they are still not ripe by then, your only option is the brown paper bag in a drawer (usually a clothes drawer for some reason). Though a banana will help them to ripen (or go mouldy, it can go both ways).

I've come to the conclusion they are Indigo Rose - developed in Oregon. They seem to be the only really jet black tomato.
Indigo rose are the tomatoes I read about and saw on the www. The inside looks a little purple. They're supposedly healthier and not as sweet as red tomatoes. They would look pretty in a salad, I think. Trick or treat. :wink:

My first crop was picked last week.Indigo Rose tomatoes are supposed to be a true superfood with extremely high levels of vitamins and antioxidants.

Apart from eating them in salads I also made a black tomato quiche. Recipe to follow.

Back
Top Bottom