Blender vs Juicer. what is the best way to make smoothies?

Vickeree

Veteran
Local time
8:49 AM
Blender vs Juicer. what is the best way to make smoothies? I find that quality juicers are way way too expensive versus just getting a blender. What are your thoughts? What are the pros and cons?

I think a blender is better simply because it has more uses while being cheaper than a juicer. I think juicers are for people who maybe don't want to eat their fruits and vegetables and opt for drinking juice instead, I don't really imagine making smoothies in a juicer.

I have always made my smoothie in a blender, the smoothie comes out nice and thick. I don't think a juicer was intended to smoothies.

I prefer to use a blender to make smoothies. This is what I am always doing and one thing the fibers of the fruits and vegetables are still there as compared when you use a juicer it is thrown away and only the juice is what you are getting.

Juicer does what it says , I juice all sorts of veg from beetroots to celery and carrots
A blender is great for smoothies and dishes with liquids ie soups
this....

You can only make a smoothie with a blender.

You make fruit juice with a juicer. All the sugar and none of the fibre. Not a good combination.

Shred Emulsifier.png

I think smoothies are best made in an ultra-high-speed performance blender, such as my Shred Emulsifier.
It makes perfectly smooth creamy green smoothies, which I really like!! :wink:

Wouldn't a blender be better because you want the nutrients from the pulp as well as the juice? I always assumed that was the case. I hate waste & if I can make use of the pulp in the drink itself, why not? I suppose texture.

Wouldn't a blender be better because you want the nutrients from the pulp as well as the juice? I always assumed that was the case. I hate waste & if I can make use of the pulp in the drink itself, why not? I suppose texture.

With a juicer, the pulp & fiber are always ejected into a separate container that usually comes with it as part of the equipment. As the juice itself is drawn from the fresh fruits & veggies into a glass or other container.

The main problem there is that the expelled pulp most likely won't get used and is often thrown away. This is nutritional fiber that should be kept in the juice to help support better nutrition and it should be absorbed into the body for obvious health reasons.

With a high-powered blender such as the Shred Emulsifier, the pulp / fiber gets thoroughly blended into the juice, resulting in complete total nutritional value & better absorption in the body, while giving you all of the health benefits necessary for a healthier lifestyle & longevity. :wink:

I don't really use a juicer for anything...I use a blender to make juice too now that I think about it. I just add a wee little bit at a time. Then again, I can't really afford my own juicer yet and I'm not in the habit of making too many of my own juices; thus I'll have to go with a blender in this case for making smoothies. I get the feeling a juicer wouldn't work quite as wall for the slightly thick consistency in a smoothie.

Well I've already bought a juicer but if i could turn back the hands of time I would buy a blender instead. It's just more versatile. I can't blend my protein shakes and bullet proof coffee in my juicer and the pulps are not at all that bad. It's actually not a good idea to juice fruits because you remove all the fiber and can spike your blood sugar levels.

I also have a juicer - a Juiceman that I bought during the late spring of '03.
But it still works, so I kept it! I mainly use the performance power blender for juicing now.

A ordinary juicer or a ordinary blender just can't give you the much smoother more digestible juices & smoothies that a high-performance blender can!

And that is why I enjoy smoothies so much. Especially the way that I like to do them. The smooth creamy velvety green smoothies. :wink:

Last edited:
I've always preferred to use a blender and gone down the smoothie line. But I was under the impression that although juicing takes in more sugar it also takes in more of the nutrients. Some of the fiber left over from blending doesn't allow you to absorb all the nutrients, so I was led to believe. Regardless, I'm still a fan of the blending approach.

A blender is for blending (think puree) and a juicer is for extracting liquid from fruit. With a blended smoothie you retain the fiber in the fruit, whereas with a juicer you don't. The higher end the juicer the better the extraction. Of course there are those new-fangled combination juicer blenders that even make soup.

Back
Top Bottom