Blender vs Juicer. what is the best way to make smoothies?

A blender is for blending (think puree) and a juicer is for extracting liquid from fruit. With a blended smoothie you retain the fiber in the fruit, whereas with a juicer you don't. The higher end the juicer the better the extraction. Of course there are those new-fangled combination juicer blenders that even make soup.

That is what MINE does. Makes hot soup! :wink:

That is what MINE does. Makes hot soup! :wink:

My mom has one of those. I may upgrade to one some time down the road, but for now I just use a regular blender. I also have a juicer so unless both appliances break (heaven forbid) I have no need to replace them for the time being.

Yeah, a regular blender might be ok for making soups, and it WILL make them silky smooth.
Problem is, that with all their awesome power & strength they just can't make the soup hot. Mainly because their motors are not big enough & they just can't spin the blade fast enough to do it.
It is the friction against the food & liquid that makes it hot, but the motor has to be able to spin the blade at incredibly blazing speeds - ranging anywhere from 28,000 rpm all the way up the about 43,000 rpm's. That's truly awesome power for a high-power performance blender.

Two main reasons why I chose the Shred Emulsifier is that the Vitamix Pro-750, even though it is a very fantastic machine, it is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, costing close to a whopping $700!!
That is a month's rent, for Pete Sakes!! Yeah, I'd have a good expensive machine, but it would've put me behind in the rent! A good machine, or a place to stay?!

The 2nd reason that I chose the Shred Emulsifier is the price - only 4 payments of 39.95. And as good as the Ninja machines might seem, their motors just can't spin the blade fast enough to make soups silky-smooth, creamy & hot.
And speaking of soup, I just made some with the Shred Emulsifier the other evening! it was piping hot! :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, a regular blender might be ok for making soups, and it WILL make them silky smooth.
Problem is, that with all their awesome power & strength they just can't make the soup hot.

Well, that's just it; I don't need a special blender to make the soup hot. I can easily heat broth in a matter of minutes to add to a blender of roasted or steamed vegetables that I want to puree into a soup. It doesn't take that much effort.

Back
Top Bottom