Boats and cars

View attachment 90043
Caseydog, you mean THIS car? I call it the Stupid Car! It's a real danger when it's involved in a crash!! The wholr top is gone all the way back just before the end!! Don't get this vehicle! If you have one, then try to get out of it!!! Trade it in or something, JUST GET OUT OF IT!!!! 😱

Again, it was engineered by Mercedes Benz. It also did as well as or better than other small cars, such as a Honda Civic.

CD

I think that I started a trend here. Since I mentioned getting THIS car next year, there has been a strong wave of talk from lots of members here. Like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it!!

I've done some reseach online about this car & got some good info on it! It's a reasonably cheap vehicle that's very reliable, gets good gas milage, & it's a peppy little aninal, giving you very good performance in the city & on the highway! It's reliability record is very phenominal! It has a fuel & energy-saving 4-cylinder engine that really gives you good performance on the road!

Last edited:
W
View attachment 90076I think that I started a trend here.Since I mentioned getting THIS car next year, there has been a strong wave of talk from lots of members here. Like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it!!

I've done some reseach online about this car & got some good info on it! It's a reasonably cheap vehicle that's very reliable, gets good gas milage, & it's a peppy little aninal, giving you very good performance in the city & on the highway! It's reliability record is very phenominal! It has a fuel & energy-saving 4-cylinder engine that really gives you good performance on the road!
Well, all of our discussions got moved into the boats and cars thread, LOL, which had already been around for quite awhile.

I drove this car for 2 weeks as a rental in the Santa Ana mountains and it had no problem going up and down winding roads. I think my one complaint was that it didn't have much trunk room, and when I go on vacation I tend to pack pretty heavily. We had to put some of our suitcases in the backseat, but since it was just me and my husband that wasn't a big deal, really.

W

Well, all of our discussions got moved into the boats and cars thread, LOL, which had already been around for quite awhile.

I drove this car for 2 weeks as a rental in the Santa Ana mountains and it had no problem going up and down winding roads. I think my one complaint was that it didn't have much trunk room, and when I go on vacation I tend to pack pretty heavily. We had to put some of our suitcases in the backseat, but since it was just me and my husband that wasn't a big deal, really.

The rear seat backs can be folded down to make more room for cargo or to go shopping for food, clothes, small appliances, etc. The donut (spare tire) is stored under the floor panel of the regular cargo area. I have all the kitchen appliances that I need, so the only thing that I'd be using the back space for is for groceries from the market. But with no cargo on the folded back seats, the vehicle can seat up to 5 people (including the driver) comfortably. Oh, & as for this thread, I never even knew that it existed here. :whistling:

Last edited:
The rear seat backs can be folded down to make more room for cargo or to go shopping for food, clothes, small appliances, etc. The donut (spare tire) is stored under the floor panel of the regular cargo area. I have all the kitchen appliances that I need, so the only thing that I'd be using the back space for is for groceries from the market. But with no cargo on the folded back seats, the vehicle can seat up to 5 people (including the driver) comfortably. Oh, & as for this thread, I never even knew that it was here. :whistling:
Yes, the folding seats is a typical feature in vans, SUVs, etc. I am not sure what category the "toaster" falls into, LOL. I typically rent cars when we go on vacation because we tend to go places that are a few thousands miles from where we live and often there are multiple destination points. For that particular vacation, we flew to Arizona and hung out there for a week, then drove to California and stayed over there for a week, then back to AZ and turned in the rental car, then we flew to Mexico for two weeks, then flew home from there. So given that it was winter I had to pack 2 large suitcases just for me with long pants, sweaters, jackets and shoes (it gets cold in AZ and parts of CA at night in the winter), then warm weather clothing for Mexico, and hubby had a large suitcase as well. Even if we had folded down the seats those 3 suitcases would not have fit, which is why we just stuck one in the backseat. Oh yeah and we had our laptops and a travel carryon as well, LOL.

Like I said, I do like the vehicle, but I was driving in areas where there wasn't any snow. I don't know how it would handle in snow, being as it's so close to the ground? My son had thought about buying one and that was his concern, as we can and do get quite a bit of snow here in Akron. I think over in MA there is typically a lot of snow as well! My son ended up getting an SUV instead. Not trying to talk you out of it or anything, but maybe if you could try to take a test drive in January when there is a lot of snow on the ground you can find out how it does with several inches or more of snow on the roads.

[Mod comment]: Please keep in mind that quoting and responding to a specific post may be directed to that one person, but it’s on a public forum, so others are at liberty to comment as well. As long as responses are generally on topic (boats and cars, in this case), that’s ok.

Let’s keep it civil, please.

[Mod comment]: Please keep in mind that quoting and responding to a specific post may be directed to that one person, but it’s on a public forum, so others are at liberty to comment as well. As long as responses are generally on topic (boats and cars, in this case), that’s ok.

Let’s keep it civil, please.
I'll echo this and anyone continuing with this conduct will find themselves with some timeout from this thread.

Forum etiquette: (and this isn't up for discussion)
  • If you quote or reply to a member you are generally understood to be responding to them directly, equivalent to facing them in a room and talking directly with them on the subject quoted.
  • Anyone can reply to any content, just as anyone could walk into a room and listen to the conversation and join in.
  • If you simply type and reply (no quote or content from any other post in that thread and don't 'mention' a member by name), you are adding a general comment either directed at the original post(er) (if the thread has just started) or you are simply joining in with the conversation in general and adding your thoughts about the subject in general. Your response is not a reply to the post immediately above your's, but a reply in general.

If you are not happy about content a member has posted, DO NOT pursue that in the thread, report it and we will deal with it.

6 - Reporting/Bullying ...If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will both be warned regardless of who started it.

Answering back to a moderator in public is not acceptable. Challenging a moderator directive is not acceptable, and ignoring it will get you banned from a thread.

A reminder...
24 - Moderator Directives- If a moderator or staff member makes a directive in a thread (for example to focus on the topic and not other people) you must adhere to these directives. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message contravening it, please delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
25 - Moderator Decisions - If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator or site owner privately or submit a message through the contact system. Public posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed without notice and accounts placed in moderation or closed entirely.

In about 2012 or so, in another part of town, I lived across from a woman who had just gotten the Kia Soul. She offerd me a ride to the supermarket. From that short ride, the car rode smooth & there was plenty of leg room in the front passenger seat. But yes, I WILL test-drive it for myself when I go to look at one. :whistling:

[Mod.Edit: This post and following few posts moved here as more relevant (MG)]

You’ll just have to make due with this:

View attachment 101138
Walmart

I recently saw a pic of Sam's granddaughter holiday in Scotland aboard her multi million dollar yacht.
I have the Walmart story book.
Sorry a bit off t.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently saw a pic of Sam's granddaughter holiday in Scotland aboard her multi million dollar yacht.
I have the Walmart story book.
Sorry a bit off t.

Russ

Sam Walton was a great entrepreneur. His kids got rich when he died. They never did a lick of work in their lives, and are now worth tens of billions of dollars from his accomplishments. Walmart now has 14,000-plus employees that receive government food stamps to feed their families.

His granddaughter probably thinks the world is coming to an end if they run out of champagne on her yacht. :ohmy:

CD

Back years ago right before the post Clinton/Bush 2 tenure economy downturn, one of the Wal-Mart heirs ordered a personal submarine for his yacht from the company Craig worked for at the time. He made the deposit, then never made another payment. Poor guy lost his deposit and didn't get his sub.

Back years ago right before the post Clinton/Bush 2 tenure economy downturn, one of the Wal-Mart heirs ordered a personal submarine for his yacht from the company Craig worked for at the time. He made the deposit, then never made another payment. Poor guy lost his deposit and didn't get his sub.

Sam Walton drove a 1979 Ford pick-up truck even when he was worth billions of dollars. His kids inherited his money, and probably wouldn't go anywhere near a Ford pickup truck.

Sam's truck is now in a museum.

1687302849356.png

CD

Back
Top Bottom