Boats and cars

I'm just like you but if the ad is catchy and I watched it enough times, I will remember the brand. But I don't watch TV these days so all the commercials I remember are from my childhood years.

Like the first commercial for the Kia Soul. I remember that one just like it was yesterday!! It stays in your heart & mind. I'll get to drive one next year. So tired of having to depend on someone to give me a ride somewhere!! I want my own, now that my driver's license has been renewed!! :whistling:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_AhAN0s4E

Last edited:
Like the first commercial for the Kia Soul. I remember that just like it was yesterday!! It stays in your heart & mind. I'll get to drive one next year. So tired of having to depend on someone to give me a ride somewhere!! I want my own, now that my driver's license has been renewed!!
Yeah, that one was pretty much easy for me to remember (the brand) because there aren't many cars shaped like a toaster. Toyota used to have one but they discontinued it I think (Scion), so that just leaves the Kia model.

Yeah, that one was pretty much easy for me to remember (the brand) because there aren't many cars shaped like a toaster. Toyota used to have one but they discontinued it I think (Scion), so that just leaves the Kia model.

It's still being made even today!! It became a very popular vehicle. Sales have sky-rocketed, new & used!!! :whistling:

It's still being made even today!! It became a very popular vehicle. Sales have sky-rocketed, new & used!!! :whistling:
No, I am sure that the Scion got discontinued. Obviously Kia did not as they are still making commercials. All car sales have sky-rocketed due to the limited availability of new cars due to the chip shortage.

Nissan also had one called Cube. They stopped selling it in 2019. It was butt-ugly.

Nissan Cube - Wikipedia

CD

Nissan also had one called Cube. They stopped selling it in 2019. It was butt-ugly.

Nissan Cube - Wikipedia

CD
We had one in front of yesterday and we both said the same, butt-ugly.
We said that those "Smart Cars" are rather odd as well! I'd be scared to death to ride in that!!!!
Edit: the last time we went back to Hawaii and rented a car, they tried to give us one of those ... DH is 6 foot ... I asked the attendant "Sis, you really like braddah man here is gonna fit in this ???" She laughed and exchanged cars with a free up grade

We had one in front of yesterday and we both said the same, butt-ugly.
We said that those "Smart Cars" are rather odd as well! I'd be scared to death to ride in that!!!!
Edit: the last time we went back to Hawaii and rented a car, they tried to give us one of those ... DH is 6 foot ... I asked the attendant "Sis, you really like braddah man here is gonna fit in this ???" She laughed and exchanged cars with a free up grade
I am with you, I would never be caught on the road in one of those "smart cars" lol. They seem pretty stupid to me! I mean, basically an enclosed golf cart! And I see people out on the highway driving those!!!!

I am with you, I would never be caught on the road in one of those "smart cars" lol. They seem pretty stupid to me! I mean, basically an enclosed golf cart! And I see people out on the highway driving those!!!!
I've seen it many times before. I thought that it was kind of cute! Must not have done too well!! :whistling:

I've driven a few SMART cars. They were made by Mercedes, so they were well built. Tons of room for two people. I have a friend in San Jose that owns one, and he is 6'4" and is pushing 300 pounds. It is his daily driver.

Getting insurance is hard, as vandals like to tip them up on their backs. They thought it was funny, but it did a lot of damage.

There's Been A Wave Of People Tipping Over Smart Cars In San Francisco

CD

BTW, I drove a MINI Cooper around Dallas and never felt nervous. I've also owned two Mazda Miatas (MX5 in Europe). But, here in Merca (especially in Texas), a lot of people don't feel safe unless they drive a big gas guzzler.

CD

Last edited:
BTW, I drove a MINI Cooper around Dallas and never felt nervous. I've also owned to Mazda Miatas (MX5 in Europe). But, here in Merca (especially in Texas), a lot of people don't feel safe unless they drive a big gas guzzler.

CD
That's the problem. Too many people riding around in gas guzzlers, many of whom shouldn't have driver's licenses to begin with.

I've driven a few SMART cars. They were made by Mercedes, so they were well built. Tons of room for two people. I have a friend in San Jose that owns one, and he is 6'4" and is pushing 300 pounds. It is his daily driver.

Getting insurance is hard, as vandals like to tip them up on their backs. They thought it was funny, but it did a lot of damage.

There's Been A Wave Of People Tipping Over Smart Cars In San Francisco

CD

Caseydog, you mean THIS car? I call it the Stupid Car! It's a real danger when it's involved in a crash!! The whole top is gone all the way back just before the end!! Don't get this vehicle! If you have one, then try to get out of it!!! Trade it in or something, JUST GET OUT OF IT!!!! 😱

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom