Boats and cars

Yes it does, it's the S Sport so it has the full John Cooper Works interior and all the toys. I bought it this afternoon, my old Cooper is at 8 years so bits are starting to wear and I wanted to treat myself. Had a nice test drive and I collect it next Friday

View attachment 83047

I love the colour. Would it be rude to ask how much it cost?

Nice, but you have to wait a week to get it? BTW, mine is 15 years old. 🧓

CD
So long as it still makes you smile :happy: . I normally keep a car until it's 8-10 years old, so this may be the last petrol car I buy. If I can look after it I may choose to hold on to it as a toy in my retirement and buy a dull electric box for day to day stuff when the time comes.

Nice, but you have to wait a week to get it? BTW, mine is 15 years old. 🧓

CD
Waiting a week: either I get it tomorrow, or at the end of the next working week. A day on the weekend is a bit short to get it re-valeted and give it the health check they need to do before committing to the warranty. So my choice to leave it until the end of the week, anyway, it gives me plenty of time to empty my stuff, gather the paperwork on the old one, and set up the insurance.

Waiting a week: either I get it tomorrow, or at the end of the next working week. A day on the weekend is a bit short to get it re-valeted and give it the health check they need to do before committing to the warranty. So my choice to leave it until the end of the week, anyway, it gives me plenty of time to empty my stuff, gather the paperwork on the old one, and set up the insurance.

Dealers here don't like to give people a chance to have buyer's remorse, and back out. They want you in the car, "burning gas" as they refer to it, as soon as possible. I sold Fords for a while just to try it out. Not my thing.

I'm actually getting ready to sell my MINI (I keep telling myself that so I don't change my mind). I just had a repair done that cost 25-percent of the car's value. Of course, it was a beautiful sunny day today, so I drove it, and I enjoyed it a bit too much.

Mi MINI is 15 years old, but only has 115,000 miles on it. That is less than 8,000 miles per year, which is WAY below average in the US, especially a large metropolitan area like Dallas.

CD

Dealers here don't like to give people a chance to have buyer's remorse, and back out. They want you in the car, "burning gas" as they refer to it, as soon as possible. I sold Fords for a while just to try it out. Not my thing.

I'm actually getting ready to sell my MINI (I keep telling myself that so I don't change my mind). I just had a repair done that cost 25-percent of the car's value. Of course, it was a beautiful sunny day today, so I drove it, and I enjoyed it a bit too much.

Mi MINI is 15 years old, but only has 115,000 miles on it. That is less than 8,000 miles per year, which is WAY below average in the US, especially a large metropolitan area like Dallas.

CD
There are plenty of newer ones to buy, just saying :whistling:

It's standard practice here to prepare a car before handing it over. There are a few car supermarkets popping up which let you take it the same day, but I think that is before you realise what a poor trade in they have given you on the old car.

My car is 14 years old and has just under 40,000 miles on the clock. I don't like my car very much at all. Its a boring Vauxhall Corsa - but as I hardly use it, it doesn't seem worth changing up.

[Mod.edit: This post and following few moved from another thread (MG)]

Getting a new tyre for my cars w.o.f
Warrant of fitness.
Should get it now.
Getting blood taken for a test doc wants .

Russ

I have to get my State inspection done, and renew the registration on my Audi this month. The price of a State inspection is fixed by the State, so I'll go to the Audi dealer near me to get it done, and get a free hand wash and vacuum at the same time.

CD

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to get my State inspection done, and renew the registration on my Audi this month. The price of a State inspection is fixed by the State, so I'll go to the Audi dealer near me to get it done, and get a free hand wash and vacuum at the same time.

CD
Ours are annually with varying costs. My friend paid 80 dollars for his one but I got a new guy starting out. $42
Its about a 20 to 30 min inspection on a hoist etc.
I got coffee in waiting room while they did it. I have 28 days to sort it.
Hand brake has been adjusted and new tyre. Wiper blades also failed but I have new ones in my garage. Sorted.

Russ

Ours are annually with varying costs. My friend paid 80 dollars for his one but I got a new guy starting out. $42
Its about a 20 to 30 min inspection on a hoist etc.
I got coffee in waiting room while they did it. I have 28 days to sort it.
Hand brake has been adjusted and new tyre. Wiper blades also failed but I have new ones in my garage. Sorted.

Russ

The price of a State inspection here is about 25 bucks. The inspection takes about 15 minutes, no lift/hoist. On newer cars, they connect the car's computer to a scanner via the ODB port to look for error codes. That tells them a lot about the car. Lights, tires and wipers are manually inspected.

The inspection "pass" is entered into a State computer database, so you just go to the tax office to renew your registration. That costs around 75 bucks for most cars.

CD

P
The price of a State inspection here is about 25 bucks. The inspection takes about 15 minutes, no lift/hoist. On newer cars, they connect the car's computer to a scanner via the ODB port to look for error codes. That tells them a lot about the car. Lights, tires and wipers are manually inspected.

The inspection "pass" is entered into a State computer database, so you just go to the tax office to renew your registration. That costs around 75 bucks for most cars.

CD
Pretty similar here. Rego is annual as well about a hundy.
My car insurance is auto paid about $12 a month.

Russ

P

Pretty similar here. Rego is annual as well about a hundy.
My car insurance is auto paid about $12 a month.

Russ

Wow, that's cheap insurance. Is that for comprehensive coverage, or just liability? Insurance for my two cars is about $190 per month.

CD

Wow, that's cheap insurance. Is that for comprehensive coverage, or just liability? Insurance for my two cars is about $190 per month.

CD
That's full replacement. Excess is usually $500 if its your fault. When I had the mustang insurance was even cheaper as it was garaged and a classic. From memory it was like $250?
If you only want third party it's even cheaper, but not worth the risk imho.

Russ

That's full replacement. Excess is usually $500 if its your fault. When I had the mustang insurance was even cheaper as it was garaged and a classic. From memory it was like $250?
If you only want third party it's even cheaper, but not worth the risk imho.

Russ

I'm confused. Was your previous post $12 per month? How was the Mustang insurance cheaper?

CD

Back
Top Bottom