Boats and cars

BTW all you car enthusiasts check out FOS Festival of Speed from Goodwood if you can. I watch it on youtube live. Probably on some network somewhere as well.

I watch it every year.

Before Covid, I went to the Monterey Historic Races every year. It's too late for me to make plans for this year, but I hope to be back there next year.

CD

I've generally watched most of the racing from Monterey, great event. We always go to the Canadian GP, since it opened in Montreal actually and we've been talking about getting to COTA. Probably not this year, but soon I hope.

I've generally watched most of the racing from Monterey, great event. We always go to the Canadian GP, since it opened in Montreal actually and we've been talking about getting to COTA. Probably not this year, but soon I hope.

We can go to COTA together. I live in Texas, and I've never been there. Something else always seems to get in the way. Drivers seem to really like it.

CD

That can be arranged. We normally buy weekend passes and as a side we make this a culinary journey as well and normally dine in the top restaurants or at least try.

COTA is in Texas BBQ country. I used to lead a driving event every year in the Spring called Bluebonnets and BBQ. The Bluebonnets (Texas State flower) would be in bloom, there are some nice driving roads between Dallas and Austin/San Antonio, and we would basically drive and eat BBQ.

CD

COTA is in Texas BBQ country. I used to lead a driving event every year in the Spring called Bluebonnets and BBQ. The Bluebonnets (Texas State flower) would be in bloom, there are some nice driving roads between Dallas and Austin/San Antonio, and we would basically drive and eat BBQ.

CD
Sounds like a great plan, we love a good BBQ. Thanks for the generous offer CD, mighty kind of you. :highfive:

Wife's car: so they found the problem , water pump shot and flimsy water pipe under the car. Quote 960 with itemised account. Wife rings me to sort it. I rang and said just do the pump and hose ill sort the rest. 95$ for oil flush, he'll I can do that. And most of the rest. New quote $700,
Told to go ahead. To be fair he's been good to her in the past.
Pick up at 4 o clock

Russ

caseydog I have been shopping this afternoon.

Ah, an F56, the same car as mine, but one generation newer. Does the CooperS over there have the 2.0L Turbo? Did you buy it?

CD
Yes it does, it's the S Sport so it has the full John Cooper Works interior and all the toys. I bought it this afternoon, my old Cooper is at 8 years so bits are starting to wear and I wanted to treat myself. Had a nice test drive and I collect it next Friday

Back
Top Bottom