Breakfast, A Thing Of The Past ?

Yes MG that is correct, I eat between 4pm and 10pm. I do it mostly for the great health benefits.
No food for me after 8 p.m....I've had acid reflux issues before so, I believe that you should go to bed with an empty stomach so you don't have any reflux issues as you age..our esophogal sphincter loses elasticity as we age and you can get leaking into the esophogus while you are in bed, horizontal for hours. This can cause irritation, and erosion of the lower esophogal lining that could lead to ulcers and even worse..
I have figured it out and can eat and drink anything I want if I do it early enough

Sorry..I guess I am digressing..

I am considering having a window for eating - although it would be totally different hours than yours... I'm hungriest in the morning, and being retired this would usually work for me. 9 to 5, which would make it a 16:8 window, I'm already at a mostly-15:9 schedule - I am in bed WELL before 10 pm!!!!! No way I'd want to eat that late!
Doesn't matter when you do it, your good.

No food for me after 8 p.m....I've had acid reflux issues before so, I believe that you should go to bed with an empty stomach so you don't have any reflux issues as you age..our esophogal sphincter loses elasticity as we age and you can get leaking into the esophogus while you are in bed, horizontal for hours. This can cause irritation, and erosion of the lower esophogal lining that could lead to ulcers and even worse..
I have figured it out and can eat and drink anything I want if I do it early enough

Sorry..I guess I am digressing..
Good example of knowing personal limitation. 12pm to 6pm works too. covers lunch and dinner.

I have a simple rule about eating. I eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm full. If I wake up hungry, I eat breakfast. If I'm not hungry when I wake up, I don't eat breakfast.

My normal eating habit is what I call "grazing." I've mentioned this before on the forum. I eat small amounts of food all day long. If I have a full meal, it's because I want something specific, like a steak. If I am craving a steak, it is probably my body telling me that it needs protein. And, I may cook a nice steak, and eat it with no sides. Just the steak. Other times, I may want a steak and a potato. In the summer months, when fresh vegetables are in season, and it is stinking hot outside, I will often make a meal out of just fresh veggies cooked on the grill (BBQ).

Getting back to breakfast, there are times when I crave a big, Texas country breakfast, which is a full day's worth of calories, fat and cholesterol on one plate (but also lots of protein). If that is what I crave, that's what I have. That's my "meal" for the day. The rest of the day, I "graze."

CD

I have a simple rule about eating. I eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm full.
Reminds me of an old song lyric:

I eat when I'm hungry
Drink when I'm dry
If women don't kill me
I'll live 'til I die

I'm irritated today because I'm working, and have been since 7:30AM, which knocked my usually Saturday hot breakfast out. I had a bowl of blueberry Cheerios earlier and some toast just now.

Reminds me of an old song lyric:

I eat when I'm hungry
Drink when I'm dry
If women don't kill me
I'll live 'til I die

I'm irritated today because I'm working, and have been since 7:30AM, which knocked my usually Saturday hot breakfast out. I had a bowl of blueberry Cheerios earlier and some toast just now.

I wish there was an option on the "Like" buttons to choose more than one. I like the song lyrics, but hate that you have to work.

But, if it makes you feel better, I would LOVE to be working today, and making money. It's all about perspective.

CD

I wish there was an option on the "Like" buttons to choose more than one. I like the song lyrics, but hate that you have to work.

But, if it makes you feel better, I would LOVE to be working today, and making money. It's all about perspective.

CD
Thanks. So far, it's going ok.

What we're doing is flipping over from one processing center to the other - used to be called disaster testing, but we don't call it that anymore. Too negative. Now it's redundancy testing. :laugh:

Anyway, it's a huge endeavor, because it's meant to show that, should a tornado or terrorists knock out one processing center, we can be back up and running in no time, and it's a lot of moving parts, software-and-hardware-wise, and it takes all day and half the night, and there are always bumps and burps along the way. We do this every six months or so for each system I support, but they're staggered, so it's more like four times a year.

It's actually all flipped over right now, went as well as can be expected, and now I'm just waiting on my users to confirm, and they never, ever, ever have the same sense of urgency we have on getting this done. I've been waiting over an hour now for their rep to get on and accept that everything is working, and it's not one of those things I can just get up and walk away from, even when nothing is happening.

Thanks. So far, it's going ok.

What we're doing is flipping over from one processing center to the other - used to be called disaster testing, but we don't call it that anymore. Too negative. Now it's redundancy testing. :laugh:

Anyway, it's a huge endeavor, because it's meant to show that, should a tornado or terrorists knock out one processing center, we can be back up and running in no time, and it's a lot of moving parts, software-and-hardware-wise, and it takes all day and half the night, and there are always bumps and burps along the way. We do this every six months or so for each system I support, but they're staggered, so it's more like four times a year.

It's actually all flipped over right now, went as well as can be expected, and now I'm just waiting on my users to confirm, and they never, ever, ever have the same sense of urgency we have on getting this done. I've been waiting over an hour now for their rep to get on and accept that everything is working, and it's not one of those things I can just get up and walk away from, even when nothing is happening.

Oh, I completely understand the concept of data redundancy. I worked for EDS, a company centered on the concept. Electronic Data Systems - Wikipedia

To go to work, I had to pass though a guard gate. The guards had military weapons, and the gates had these...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_OhTL8TYpk

Oh, and the data centers were tornado proof.

CD

Oh, I completely understand the concept of data redundancy. I worked for EDS, a company centered on the concept. Electronic Data Systems - Wikipedia

To go to work, I had to pass though a guard gate. The guards had military weapons, and the gates had these...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_OhTL8TYpk

Oh, and the data centers were tornado proof.

CD
I used to laugh going through the gate at the office because one of our guards was about 179 years old and he was always asleep...or dead. :laugh:

He was armed, though, so that helped. :laugh:

Yeah..things can get pretty intersting around here in the afternoon time..peak party time is 6:30..Lights out by 10...some nights, anyway...lol

I eat three times a day, but it is not tied to a time, Just when I want food.
The reason I do this is because of the metabolic advantages that come along with not eating.....lots of good things happen to insulin levels and lowers and maintains blood glucose levels, increases HGH (Human Growth Hormone) levels X5 which helps with fat burning and preservation of muscle. Cells are repaired by scavenging waste material from cells which helps in longevity and cancer cell reduction. Reduces oxidative stress and inflammation. Reduces blood pressure, blood triglycerides, increases levels of a brain hormone called brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).........just getting started. :D

Yeah, I'm a nutritional nerd, sorry if it's boring and I don't want to highjack anyone's thread, but it might be interesting or get someone thinking, especially if they have any of the symptoms. Cheers.

Yeah, I'm a nutritional nerd, sorry if it's boring and I don't want to highjack anyone's thread, but it might be interesting or get someone thinking, especially if they have any of the symptoms. Cheers.

I'm the polar opposite. If I want a steak, I eat a steak. If I want a salad, I eat a salad. I like both -- at different times. We are all different, even though we are biologically the same??? Do what works for you.

CD

Back
Top Bottom