The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
8:42 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
img_0997-jpg.jpg

The effort involved in making this banh mi breakfast burrito isn't much, and the payoff is a twist on the typical breakfast burrito. The chorizo was homemade, but I didn't think to record the process, so no recipe there. Proportions are according to your liking...make the banhmito as thick or thin as you choose. I like a well-stuffed burrito.

Ingredients

Mexican chorizo
Kimchi
Eggs (one per tortilla)
Cilantro
Spicy mayo
Soft tortillas

Directions

1. Break up chorizo and cook in a pan until it starts to brown. Add kimchi and continue stirring and heating until the chorizo is browned.

2. If a lot of fat renders from the sausage, drain the pan so there's only a thin layer of grease. Add eggs to the pan and stir in with the rest of the ingredients.

img_0996-jpg.jpg

3. Distribute ingredients from the pan evenly between the tortillas. Add as much or as little cilantro as you choose, then add some spicy mayo. Wet the edge of the tortilla with water, then fold in the edges and roll it up to seal the contents. Allow to rest for a minute with the fold facing down so the burrito remains closed in the pan.

4. Using the same pan, cook burritos so they're browned on all sides.

img_0998-jpg.jpg

5. Serve with coffee or a margarita, depending on whether you're starting or ending your day.

View attachment 96304

The effort involved in making this banh mi breakfast burrito isn't much, and the payoff is a twist on the typical breakfast burrito. The chorizo was homemade, but I didn't think to record the process, so no recipe there. Proportions are according to your liking...make the banhmito as thick or thin as you choose. I like a well-stuffed burrito.

Ingredients

Mexican chorizo
Kimchi
Eggs (one per tortilla)
Cilantro
Spicy mayo
Soft tortillas

Directions

1. Break up chorizo and cook in a pan until it starts to brown. Add kimchi and continue stirring and heating until the chorizo is browned.

2. If a lot of fat renders from the sausage, drain the pan so there's only a thin layer of grease. Add eggs to the pan and stir in with the rest of the ingredients.

View attachment 96305

3. Distribute ingredients from the pan evenly between the tortillas. Add as much or as little cilantro as you choose, then add some spicy mayo. Wet the edge of the tortilla with water, then fold in the edges and roll it up to seal the contents. Allow to rest for a minute with the fold facing down so the burrito remains closed in the pan.

4. Using the same pan, cook burritos so they're browned on all sides.

View attachment 96306

5. Serve with coffee or a margarita, depending on whether you're starting or ending your day.
Maybe some people start their day with margaritas lololol.

I'd eat that morning, noon and night.

Back
Top Bottom