British - 11 reasons for a Chip Butty

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
7:03 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I came across this article today on 11 reasons to have a chip butty. It made me smilie.

www.foodnetwork.co.uk/article/11-reasons-why-chip-butty-deserves-your-love-and-respect.html

chip-butty-8.jpg

I want one, now! :cry:

if you are going to go full hog you got to have butter on thick white bread you've cut yourself , thick chips and salt,and dipping ketchup

Wait, I thought a proper chip butty was a bread roll instead of sliced bread??

I can't smile & nod toward ketchup the lord of all our worst enemies. I can nod to the tomato sauce but not ketchup. It hurts my soul.

I can't smile & nod toward ketchup the lord of all our worst enemies. I can nod to the tomato sauce but not ketchup. It hurts my soul.

Tomato sauce and tomato ketchup are the same as far as I know, what's the difference as you know it?

Chips from the chippy with buttered thick white sliced Warburtons - spot on! A traditional British dish!

Tomato sauce and tomato ketchup are the same as far as I know, what's the difference as you know it?

Huge sugar difference. Huge especially for myself because I make my own tomato sauce/gravy but even if you bought it in a can with added sugar it still has less than ketchup.

Huge sugar difference. Huge especially for myself because I make my own tomato sauce/gravy but even if you bought it in a can with added sugar it still has less than ketchup.

Ah, I see. Over here, tomato sauce can refer to ketchup, or to a sauce like you'd serve on pasta (or to the red liquid baked beans and canned spaghetti come in), but in the context of chip butties, I'd always assume it meant the same as ketchup.

Back
Top Bottom