British - 11 reasons for a Chip Butty

I learn something new everyday. I have never had a chip butty before, nor have I seen one. It was developed in the UK and was originally a working class meal according to Wikipedia. It looks good, but I think I would prefer it in a roll. Slather some melted cheese on this sandwhich and I bet it would be devine!

How do you make homemade tomato sauce??

lol With tomatoes! I tend to use canned tomatoes because it's a lot easier but to reduce sodium you can use fresh. If I take that route I go with Roma but I you can use whatever is available. Different tomatoes, slightly different taste. Garlic, onion, preferred seasonings, olive oil & SHAZAM! You did it.

I learn something new everyday. I have never had a chip butty before, nor have I seen one. It was developed in the UK and was originally a working class meal according to Wikipedia. It looks good, but I think I would prefer it in a roll. Slather some melted cheese on this sandwhich and I bet it would be devine!

Cheese on a chip butty :ohmy: :stop:

Why in the name that is all that is sacred would you put cheese in a true chip butty?
Maybe mayonnaise on my roast beef next
It's like a egg bango,it's a British dish of fried eggs in bread ,if you put in any thing else other than a condiment ,it's not a egg bango,so same goes a chip butty,if you put cheese in it,it's chip and cheese sandwhich

Oh yes, it works. It needs to be dead cheap catering cheese though...:hungry:

Are you referring to the really cheap cheese like processed cheese slices? I bet some of that melted in the butty would be good. Cheese and potatoes go together and there is no getting around it. Looks like most on here do not agree with me on the cheese part and I feel daggers coming my way:woot:

Are you referring to the really cheap cheese like processed cheese slices? I bet some of that melted in the butty would be good. Cheese and potatoes go together and there is no getting around it. Looks like most on here do not agree with me on the cheese part and I feel daggers coming my way:woot:

Cheese with potatoes-yes, but no cheese on chips :thumbsdown:

Not quite the cheese slice stuff, but just very ordinary Cheddar.

Controversial it may be, but I like it!

Cheesy Chips is another dish , I experienced this speciality at a music festival a few years ago as the cheesy chips stand had the shortest que and wanted some good quick before Blondie came on, but the cheese has got to be melted

Back
Top Bottom