Broiled pork - favorite of our dogs

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
1:10 PM
Broiled or roasted pork is one of the favorites in our house that's why we sometimes feed our dogs with it. And we noticed that broiled pork is also the favorite of our dogs. What's good in broiled pork is it becomes clean because as what the vet said, broiled meat becomes clean since the impurities fall off with the oil. But we give broiled pork to our dogs sparingly because they tend to gain weight easily... just like humans do.

I feel kind of weird now that you say that. Our meal last night was the pork belly (the part that was cut off the ribs) partially boiled to remove scum and impurities along side some star anise and herbs. Then simply seasoned and grilled up crispy with some char sui sauce. The pork being boiled previously means that I don't have to grill the pork to finish, just until it gets crispy on the skin. It's a favorite in our household and I usually serve it as a side dish cut into small bite sized pieces.

I agree with your dogs, broiling meat makes them so much better when you see the scum that comes off them!

I feel kind of weird now that you say that. Our meal last night was the pork belly (the part that was cut off the ribs) partially boiled to remove scum and impurities along side some star anise and herbs. Then simply seasoned and grilled up crispy with some char sui sauce. The pork being boiled previously means that I don't have to grill the pork to finish, just until it gets crispy on the skin. It's a favorite in our household and I usually serve it as a side dish cut into small bite sized pieces.

I agree with your dogs, broiling meat makes them so much better when you see the scum that comes off them!
Do you mean boiling or broiling @aquaticneko. I used to get very confused because American's use the word broil to mean grill! Sounds like you are boiling in water and then grilling... whereas @Corzhens is simply grilling (I think!).

Do you mean boiling or broiling @aquaticneko. I used to get very confused because American's use the word broil to mean grill! Sounds like you are boiling in water and then grilling... whereas @Corzhens is simply grilling (I think!).
Haha.. I had the same problem. I don't use broil for that reason. I meant boil. I season the water with herbs and a chinese ingredient called star anise. Boiling the pork in that makes it fragrant. After that you can bake it or grill it however you want with any sauce of your choice. In general if you partially boil your meat, you will find it get's much more tender and halved your cooking time when you bake/roast/grill!

I don't have a dog now, but it is safe to say when I did, he would adore anything meat related...! broiled, boiled, grilled, or whatever,,he loved it!

I actually wondered about that myself as I know different words mean different things in different places. I almost bake pork for my husband who is the pork lover. I have not boiled it in years but that's big business around here where it's boiled and made in a pickle and sold several places.

Back
Top Bottom