Brown Rice or White Rice?

I think that a lot of the 'hype' is not necessarily hype. Lots of little extra's add up during the course of the day to help make a difference and if what you are eating during the course of the day is generally better for you but only by a touch - I'm not sure really how to explain what I am thinking - but all the little extras add up. Its like the penny jar. At the end the year with the penny jar we often have well over £100-200 in it and sometimes when it has been counted it has been well over £400. Those little extras that brown and wholemeal give you when you eat, add up to a generally healthier life style. a healthy breakfast with say a covering of grape-nuts (link is here if you don't know them) giving you 7g extra fibre, 2g extra with some wholemeal bread on those lunch sandwiches, 1g extra fibre with the rice (though I think it is much more) plus the extra g's of fibre some veg give you with the rice, it all adds up to top up your nutrition across the day. Same goes for the other vitamins and minerals... a little here and there adds up.

I always use the Uncle Ben's 5 minute white rice.
I have tried others and just didn't like them as well as I like Uncle Ben's.
It is fast and easy and just the way that I like it.

I grew up eating white rice and I don't think I can get my head around eating brown rice. I've heard it is more nutritious but somethings I have to stick to what I know.

You know what if you can afford it then you should always go for the good stuff like brown rice because those 'little things' add up in the long run. If it benefits your health then why not, right? If you aren't a stickler for the traditional goodness of white rice then brown rice is a great replacement. From what I read it has reduced sugar so it's quite helpful from those suffering from diabetes.

We still eat white rice although from time to time we buy the brown rice variety or even the mixed variety. Brown rice is a healthier alternative, there's no doubt to that. It has higher fiber content and has less sugar in it. My FIL who is a diabetic eats brown rice. My best friend swears by brown rice saying that she has lost weight because of it.

I was never really into brown rice. I do eat it but if in terms of taste, I'd choose white rice. The mixed variant though is good enough. You have that taste of white rice but it's mixed with the brown rice. Which at least, halves your sugar consumption. I love the Dona Maria brand in here. The rice is very soft when cooked and stays that way even after a two to three days.

I enjoy both variations, it just depends what food accompanies the rice. As an example if I'm eating Mexican food then I find brown rice works better, whereas if I'm eating a curry or miso soup, then white rice is a better accompaniment.

Though brown rice is considered to be healthier but I didn't develop a taste for it. I prefer white rice.

Back
Top Bottom