2 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons flour
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
4 ounces soft goat cheese
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
Pickled Shallots and sour cream for garnish
- Finely shred the Brussels sprouts (Easiest to do with a sharp knife). Toss the green onions, flour and parmesan cheese with the Brussels sprouts.
- Add the eggs and combine partially, then add the panko and mix well. Add the goat cheese and taste a little bit. Season to taste. Mix until the Brussels sprouts form cakes that stay together. Make 6 fritters.
- In a large nonstick pan, add ¼ cup vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cakes and cook them for about 2 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Flip them and finish cooking on the other side.
- Serve them immediately or place them on a sheet pan in a 300 degree oven to keep hot until you serve.