Bush's Cocina Latina Beans

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
8:45 AM
I just recently tried their new "BUSH'S COCINA LATINA® FRIJOLES NEGROS MACHACADOS" from their "Cocina Latina" line of beans, and was really impressed! I have yet to try the others in this new line but certainly plan to. I was a little worried at first, since I usually don't like pre-seasoned beans in a can, because they often taste processed, metallic, and full of salt and MSG. However these were very well seasoned and not too salty at all. These particular ones, the black beans, are not vegetarian since they contain bacon fat. This morning I had them "as is" just heated straight out of the can over some steamed rice, and topped with some fried eggs and a few dashes of hot sauce. They are mashed, and a bit thick until you warm them through. Depending on what you are using them for you might want to add a splash of water to thin them out just a bit.

You can read more about them here:

http://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/products/latin-inspired

607-2964-Can-Frijoles-Negros.png

We regularly buy canned beans but it's always the Hunt's brand because its taste is very similar to the baked beans served in buffet breakfast in hotels. But that beans in the photo is a different one, I guess. Maybe that's what my mother was using when she would cook that Chinese pork dish that has black beans. She also cooks "tocho" that fried milkfish and sauced with sweet and sour vinegar plus that black beans. I do not eat black beans though, I like the red much more than the black.

Looks appetising. I thought I'd check out the ingredients but couldn't find them on the website. I presume they are on the can? I buy tinned black beans a lot but not pre-seasoned. I often do them with chillis and tomatoes with a touch of cumin and garlic, so perhaps they end up similar to this product. You are right. They are great with a fried egg on top. I put lots of chopped coriander (cilantro) over the top as well.

I just recently tried their new "BUSH'S COCINA LATINA® FRIJOLES NEGROS MACHACADOS" from their "Cocina Latina" line of beans, and was really impressed! I have yet to try the others in this new line but certainly plan to. I was a little worried at first, since I usually don't like pre-seasoned beans in a can, because they often taste processed, metallic, and full of salt and MSG. However these were very well seasoned and not too salty at all. These particular ones, the black beans, are not vegetarian since they contain bacon fat. This morning I had them "as is" just heated straight out of the can over some steamed rice, and topped with some fried eggs and a few dashes of hot sauce. They are mashed, and a bit thick until you warm them through. Depending on what you are using them for you might want to add a splash of water to thin them out just a bit.

You can read more about them here:

http://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/products/latin-inspired

607-2964-Can-Frijoles-Negros.png
They sound pretty good to me. I imagine you could use them in Huevos Rancheros amongst other things. I almost made black bean burgers yesterday but at the last minute I decided to go with traditional ones. I think I might make some tonight though. Maybe I will eat one regular and one black bean. I like beans of any variety and black are very healthy for you.

Sounds good to me. I would take a can of the ao give above and a can of whole beans and make some chilli to get a nice thick chilli.

Back
Top Bottom