Buying local. What are your views?

We cannot buy local produce so we travel to 1 village for the butcher, his meat comes from local to him farms and as an independent I would rather give him money then a supermarket. We used to go to a farmshop, again their produce was local to them, they would have signs up to tell you which farms the produce came from, unfortunately they decided to change from local to organic, prices went up and quality dropped so we don't go there any more-ridiculous prices.

Originally I posted about buying British goods rather than from other countries due to a request to join a facebook group, I think there is some racism lurking which is why I haven't joined.
This was the local farm shop in N/Wales about 1.5 miles away. The estate is owned by the Gladstone family. Hawarden Estate Farm Shop

We try to use our local independent shops as much as we can, with the obvious caveat that they must have something worth buying. Our (small) high street has some decent shops, notably the greengrocery and the "refill" shop where you take your own container to fill up. We've recently had a new artisan bakery open - it's a bit expensive, but seems to be doing well enough judging by the queues.

When it comes to the vitally important subject of beer, I much prefer to buy stuff from independent brewers, directly if possible. For one thing, their beers are usually infinitely better than the mass-produced grunge churned out by the multi-nationals or big conglomerates.

Back
Top Bottom